Anatomy For Beginners

*OnzaMike*

Hi, just wondered if anyone watched "anatomy for beginners" on channel 4 last night at 11pm.

I Thought it was very interesting but i had to turn it off, it was just discusting! :mellow:.

http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/A/anatomy/

If you didnt see it, click on some of the pictures on the right (movement) etc, it has a little video clip.

So yeh, was really interesting but totally gross, i couldnt watch it. :ermm:

Just wondered if anyone attempted to watch it, or infact had the bottle to watch the whole thing :(.

I watched most of it. Unfortunatly I fell asleep during the last set of adverts :(

The guy's accent who was doing the cutting was pure comedy. Made him sound like some kind of crazy scientist

I didn't realise it was actually a real person (mind you, I was questionning the ability for a model to be that detailed) :mellow:

I managed to get through most of it without feeling ill...but when he was bashing the skull with a chisel, it did turn my stomach ever so slightly :ermm:

...it will make an interesting talking point at school today anyway :-

Made him sound like some kind of crazy scientist 

Yeh, his hat, and the way he looked, was if he was a nutter and stuff... I wouldnt have watched it or known about the program, just some girl i said to me its on and she was going to watch it, (ha she turned it off when i did cos its :mellow:).

It was really really good! i would have loved to watch it, so interesting and stuff, but just utter sick with the human disection and all that, i havnt a clue how all the people in the audience were watching it :ermm: they must have been given sick buckets or something.

I actually found it really interesting on how the body works with its ligaments and tendons etc, Im quite used to this sort of thing anyway as I see it all the time ( my dad is a funeral director ) But not in such graphic detail. The worst thing is the smell espcially with a hangover :mellow:, but its a interesting profession but I wont be doing it anytime this side of 15 years I expect.

pinky

was well good....that dude with the hat on is a nutter! wasnt there some controversy (sp) about showing the autopsy one he did before on tv?

i think stuff like this should be shown on tv, better that 90% of the stuff on tv.

on the topic of tv stuff, anyone see that TRIBE thing?

The guy who was narrating it, had an exhibition in London with all these bodies, which he had set in this weird resin stuff, and cut into cross sections. It was extremely cool seeing slices through the head and the eyes and stuff.

Didn't watch the program but I did record it.

I suppose it is interesting to actually see the body like that but i thought it would have been too graphic to put on telly because it was a bit  :mellow:

I would have been fine with it all, just the fact that its "REAL" which made me feel a bit weird :ermm:. From what ive seen the other episodes are going to just as discusting or if not worse :(.

Edited by *OnzaMike*

I watched it found it interesting :mellow: Once the skin was off it didnt really bother me one bit.  Whens the next one on?

Not to sure, cant seem to find it on their website thing on channel 4... I will try find out in a bit, but i would think as there are 4 episodes... Maybe once a week, on monday at 11pm?

Edit: MONDAY to THURSDAY :ermm: THIS WEEK AT 11:05PM.

Edited by *OnzaMike*

The only things I didn't like (yet still watched) were the romoval of the skin and the chiseling of the skull. Apart from that it wasn't too gruesome and I certainly found it fascinating.

There was some serious moral and ethical debates about whether or not Channel 4 should be allowed to show a corpse on television, but I think it was done very well.

Stephen.

yup seen both now, and they used a woman for the model this time *phew*

I still think that guy is eveil though, check out his dodgy hat :)

its funny looking at the audience, some are trying to look interested, some are trying to look away, and some look far to keen and are bobbing around trying to see more. :S

p.s Look out for the next 'Body Shock' show on ch4, its about some guy who was in a comma for 19 years! :)

its funny looking at the audience, some are trying to look interested, some are trying to look away, and some look far to keen and are bobbing around trying to see more.  :)

p.s Look out for the next 'Body Shock' show on ch4, its about some guy who was in a comma for 19 years!  :S

"Stuck in a comma"

Anyway... The keen ones are probably just medical students :)

I have cut a real person up  :)"

It's fun...

Ooooo so Manchester do disection then? That'll be another tick for them :S

I love programs like this, in fact all medical programs, hooray for Discovery Health :)

Did anybody watch "The Body Farm" on Ch5 a couple of weeks ago? It was about this place in America where they leave bodies to rot in certain ways and monitor what happens, all in the name of forensic science. Some of the shots were truly amazing :P

Edited by UrbanPoet

I missed the first part of the series, but i watched the one last nite, about the heart an lungs.

The guy has caused lots of controversy before, the bodies are real and are donated to him. People leave their bodies to science when they die, some leave them to him to become plastic models.

It was amazing to see the lungs inflate when he put the air pipe in! an to see all the blood vessels when he injected a pink resin into the veins!

On a whole i thought the program was done in reasonably good taste.

The one tonight is on the digestive system, should be good