What Car Do You Drive ?

SPOON

Bit of a bump going on here!

Here's my beast (Y) Check the weight-saving going on, haha.

post-5427-1110998709_thumb.jpg

post-5427-1110998721_thumb.jpg

I borrowed my girlfriends 106 a few days last week to get to work while mine was away getting fixed. ( snapped a timing belt at 70mph which resulted in all the valves getting bent. ).

It was great fun to drive, in a scary sort of way. It feels like a wee go kart. (Y)

I borrowed my girlfriends 106 a few days last week to get to work while mine was away getting fixed. ( snapped a timing belt at 70mph which resulted in all the valves getting bent. ).

It was great fun to drive, in a scary sort of way. It feels like a wee go kart. :P

I aggree, 106's are like go karts (Y)

Everyone complains I drive mune like a go kart aswell :P Its a shame they are such small engine sizes, I have to rag the crap out of mine everywhere I go [Especially when on motorways, its always in stupidly high revs]

I might try to get a picture for you lot before I get a new car.

I have done some research and discovered it would be a similar price [if not slightly cheaper] for me to insure a 1.6 306 compared to my current 954cc 106 :) So it looks like I will soon be getting a slightly bigger go kart with approximately 50% more cc and probably 50% more horsie power (Y) :P

just to keep it up to date....

rear seats have now gone, to make way for a roll cage (6 point but ive not yet fitted the front) and 4 point harnesses, and a fire Ex just incase!!!!

1380cc motor with straight cut box on its way VERY soon with any luck :P:):P

get a 306 tic!!!!

my mate james borrowed a 1.6 LX for a few days last week and it was awesome, such a great all round car, quick enough, respectable, comfortable, awesome!

get a 306 tic!!!!

my mate james borrowed a 1.6 LX for a few days last week and it was awesome, such a great all round car, quick enough, respectable, comfortable, awesome!

1.6 LX or XT is what im looking for at the moment.

I have found a nice 1999 metalic silver 5 door 306 1.6 LX in a local garage but it is a bit over my current budget and is overprised imo. If it is still there after I get paid on the 28th im going in for the kill and I gonna see how much I can barter off of it...

Does anyone have any advise on how to barter and get a car reduced substantially? :P

Tic

gallery_116_147_10397.jpg

yet another van!!!!!!

very nice indeed.

so smooth and the turbo is really loud with the K&N on it.

why another one? every time I see you you have another van!

Dont you get raped on insurence? my cheapest quote on a van was £5000

I will post a pic of my car hopfull on sat when I get it

Finally found a golf to restore in the time I've got till I can drive :P I'm really pleased with it.

It's a 1.3 with 144,000 miles, no rust, and totally unmodified. £260. Perfect.

Wahey, you got one.

Nice one matey, give us lots of updates as she get's "restored"

why another one? every time I see you, you have another van!

Dont you get raped on insurence? my cheapest quote on a van was £5000

I will post a pic of my car hopfull on sat when I get it

First one got wrapped around a lampost a week after passing my test, and I had next to no money to buy another.

So i got the cheapest shed of a van I could find and set about polishing a turd. needless to say that didnt work.

I recently remember i get £3000 compensation in june for my 18th Birthday.

So I made a deal with my dad for him to lend me the money so i had a safe road worthy van.

I pay £500 for the insurance(that not a typo it really is £500 for a 17yr old that wrote a van off 3 months ago on a 1.7TD)

but thats on my dads fleet policy( 1 W reg Transit, 2x 52 reg Peuget Boxers, 1x 53 reg Fiat Ducato, a 52 reg Vauxhall Combo and a 51 reg Freeland TD4)

gallery_161_237_20752.jpg

gallery_161_237_9488.jpg

gallery_161_237_19728.jpg

Broom Broom, no I'm not sweeping, I've just bought my first car.

It's a 1998 Peugeot 306 1.4 and I'm pretty chuffed with it. That's about it really, I've just wanted to post in here for ages but I didn't have a car.

I pick it up on April 3rd once it's been taxed, MOT'd, valeted etc. Can't wait to whack a new stereo in it and give it a good clean.

Stephen xxx

[snipety snip]Broom Broom, no I'm not sweeping, I've just bought my first car [/snipety snip]

Argh...you jammy sod. That's much nicer than mine. I'd love a phase 2 306. The front bumper is soooo much nicer, and the crystal headlights are lovely.

...just be careful with it :lol:

Argh...you jammy sod. That's much nicer than mine. I'd love a phase 2 306. The front bumper is soooo much nicer, and the crystal headlights are lovely.

...just be careful with it :lol:

I'm not jammy, I spent months waiting for the right car to come along, and wasted £189 checking a W-reg 306 out only to find the head gasket was gone. Also, I probably spent more money on the car than you. You can always save up a little extra, sell your car and upgrade if you like my bonet so much.

I'll be extra specially careful with it George. It comes with alloys which I'm pretty chuffed with. Inside it has an old looking 6 cd changer in the boot running off the original tape player in the front. I'll be changing the tuner and either relocating the cd changer to under the seat/glove compartment (is that easy/cheap to do/get done) or maybe buying a new one and putting it somewhere that isn't where the bikes go.

The only other modifications and purchases I have in mind are some speakers if there's anything wrong with these ones, and maybe a radar detector if I find one that's good.

I'll be extra specially careful with it George. It comes with alloys which I'm pretty chuffed with. Inside it has an old looking 6 cd changer in the boot running off the original tape player in the front. I'll be changing the tuner and either relocating the cd changer to under the seat/glove compartment (is that easy/cheap to do/get done) or maybe buying a new one and putting it somewhere that isn't where the bikes go.

For sale.................... :lol: (Y)

And here is what it looks like at the moment

dca9bb4e.jpg

and this is how it will look when a bit more monies comes my way

clio-postmod.jpg

That's looking nice mate! Gonna look mint! Had mine resprayed, got my alloys on, I'd put pics up but I'm putting (VERY MILD) sideskirt's on Monday and mabye lower it and put my exhuast on, all depends on how time goes. I'll get pics then :sleeping: