Prototype Tartybikes/onza Frame

AdamR28

Hmmmm, that looks um EXTREMELY nice, if u want one testing by a rather large chappy gimme a shout, i would love a frame with that geometry, i think that it would suit me down to the ground, being 6ft4.

Oh, and as soon as it does go into production please reserve one for me, as i would deffiantly have one. :D

Edited by Bigman

High bb's definitely offer distinct advantages for a lot of moves, but like I have outlined, some disadvantages in other areas. So according to your preference of riding, this setup could be THE future of trials for the not too distant future. But, it could be a step in completely the wrong direction for some riding styles, but as is always said, each to their own :D.

Yeah, true :D

this is the first time ive ever said this but i actually liked the way that onza rode.

it was how i expected to tell you the truth the same as the vinco beautiful on the back wheel and getting it there was silly easy.

when i tried the sidehops i was a bit scared as i thought id probly die but once on the backwheel the wall didnt seem as big so my confidence went up. when i went to kick for the up i really didnt put any effort in as non was needed all it really seemed you had to do is jump and pull the bike up with you. the highest i could go on the wall tarty put a pic up of was my biggest sidehop, i did it and it felt so easy i just put no effort in bring on bigger walls i say.

as for everything else it was a bit weird but a little time spent riding it will make you adjust to the style needed for this frame.

this is a big mod bike.

this is the first time ive ever said this but i actually liked the way that onza rode.

it was how i expected to tell you the truth the same as the vinco beautiful on the back wheel and getting it there was silly easy.

when i tried the sidehops i was a bit scared as i thought id probly die but once on the backwheel the wall didnt seem as big so my confidence went up. when i went to kick for the up i really didnt put any effort in as non was needed all it really seemed you had to do is jump and pull the bike up with you. the highest i could go on the wall tarty put a pic up of was my biggest sidehop, i did it and it felt so easy i just put no effort in bring on bigger walls i say.

as for everything else it was a bit weird but a little time spent riding it will make you adjust to the style needed for this frame.

this is a big mod bike.

Is this because you are higher than on a normal bike?

You're making shit up. I never said that... :D

However, I would still like to know if it's a standard T-Rex (apart from the BB height), or if there are other differences. Also, what's the deal with this frame. I mean who gets the money for any that are sold? :D

it was a jice ride but i couldn't judge where the back wheel was like you normally can. maybe thats just a got to get used to it thing. it was nice but after riding the vinco on friday i think the onza still needs some tweaking.

good luck tart + onza cos if you get this frame right it'll be a huge success...

It kinda takes the piss that adam can create a sweet frame just by altering one aspect of the bike's geometry. I mean if it's that easy that it only takes one person who actually rides trials properly AND has an idea of engineering etc, why is this only happening now? We need this stuff to be happening more often.

it was a jice ride but i couldn't judge where the back wheel was like you normally can. maybe thats just a got to get used to it thing.

it was nice but after riding the vinco on friday i think the onza still needs some tweaking.

good luck tart + onza cos if you get this frame right it'll be a huge success...

I would say your first point about getting used to it is right - its a VERY different machine to yours Tom!

We agree that it doesnt ride like a Vinco, because it has different geometry (Vinco geometry is well-published, in fact). The geometry is simply what, to us, seemed like a promising experiment :D

Cheers for the support! :D

It kinda takes the piss that adam can create a sweet frame just by altering one aspect of the bike's geometry.  I mean if it's that easy that it only takes one person who actually rides trials properly AND has an idea of engineering etc, why is this only happening now?  We need this stuff to be happening more often.

Credit to Dave as well please :D

We only tweaked one thing for now, just as an experiment - if theres more mileage in it, there will be more tweaking. But yeah, I agree with you, and to quote Dave: 'Rider designed/influenced trials components for trials riders, that's what we're in to'.

It kinda takes the piss that adam can create a sweet frame just by altering one aspect of the bike's geometry.  I mean if it's that easy that it only takes one person who actually rides trials properly AND has an idea of engineering etc, why is this only happening now?  We need this stuff to be happening more often.

Erm yeah.... I think its whoever thought up the Vinco frame???

Not wanting to be harsh or owt though... As this will be much better value for money and no doubt more durable. :D

Credit to Dave as well please :(

Sorry Dave :P Well done. And you're definitely right about the rider-influenced design. But that doesn't always work when the riders aren't perhaps as clued up as you two. Anyway, looks good :D You didn't mention how it performs on wheelswaps. What's the verdict there?

Sorry Dave :D  Well done.  And you're definitely right about the rider-influenced design.  But that doesn't always work when the riders aren't perhaps as clued up as you two.  Anyway, looks good :(  You didn't mention how it performs on wheelswaps.  What's the verdict there?

For swaps the same size, I'd say getting the prototype to backwheel is easier than a traditional Rex, which itself is pretty easy. I had a look at one I've been eyeing up on my standard Rex for a while, but it was just that bit too high to get the right body position for me. The proto allows for a better body position on the same wall, however, the current stem and bb position means you dont get much front wheel pressure, so it's a little disconcerting.

Hopefully we'll get a play on the bike with a slightly lower stem, then I'm determind to have that wheelswap!!

Erm yeah.... I think its whoever thought up the Vinco frame???

Not wanting to be harsh or owt though... As this will be much better value for money and no doubt more durable. :(

From what I could tell though, I thought Tomm was refering to the fact they've altered (mainly) one aspect of the geometry of the T-Rex, and it seems to ride better? Whereas if you've got non-trials riding designers sorting your frames they might not be able to work out how to make it better? Most of the 'feel' you get when you ride a bike in unquantifiable unless you ride, so I guess it's cool that people who are at the front line (as it were) are sorting frames now.

From what I could tell though, I thought Tomm was refering to the fact they've altered (mainly) one aspect of the geometry of the T-Rex, and it seems to ride better?  Whereas if you've got non-trials riding designers sorting your frames they might not be able to work out how to make it better?  Most of the 'feel' you get when you ride a bike in unquantifiable unless you ride, so I guess it's cool that people who are at the front line (as it were) are sorting frames now.

Yeh I know what your saying mark.

I just ment was it not Vinco that got his frame made?? hes a rider.

I know ad's and dave have altered a T-rex and it does look good for it, but essentially they have got the geometry ideas from Vinco perhaps? :">

But like I said its better as it will be value for money and not french :(

Ah, I see what you mean. Fair enough.

Hopefully it'll be the usual Onza cheapy-cheapy thing :( Seeing as their new frames seems to go the distance strength-wise, should be cool.

Is this new geometry going to put a shitload more force on the head-tube?

well done chaps! :P

looks like dave's bike's turning into abit of a slag!.....getting a ride off everone :P"

:"> sorrym couldnt resist :D

anyway, yeah, i can see this higher bb being the next step :-

so with the longer stem, it dosnt feel short? what would you compare it too ?

you said the headangles 72deg, but it looks realy slack :D must just be a funny pic :-

Dave :(