Prototype Tartybikes/onza Frame

AdamR28

Would the toned down version use a stock or mod stem? I wondor what the highest bb rise that can be got with a normal stock stem?

Well, it'd use a custom stem, like this one does.

I reckon, since bar heights vary from around 37-41" (approx guess, in relation to the ground, on a 'normal' frame), you could have a 50mm (2") BB rise or drop, and it still feel 'normal' to a certain rider. However, people with low bars normally would be those with higher BBs (generally). I had a point... oh yeah, basically, i reckon anything more than 20mm BB rise needs a different stem.

:P GRRRRRR :P Why do people always accuse others of copying ideas, if you ask me its important for people to copy the stronger points of different frames for these frames to Evolve into eventually the best bike to ride trials on... not everything needs to be original!!

wish some people would just f**king grow up sometimes

through the weekend it looked nice an everyone seemed to enjoy it but it may have its faults so far everyone who has rode a vinco loves whilst this gets a mixed opinion maybe the future versions will be better,

i wouldnt of minded having a go but damon was gettin frustrated he hardly rode lol poor guy anyways still

bring out the next couple of prototypes an i bet your onto something good :P

p.s. give it to me but shhhhhhhhhhhhh hahah lol kiddin :P

Just a little pic i knocked together and a small update:

http://www.tartybikes.trials-shack.co.uk/t...ecomparison.jpg

It appears (from trying to fit my old forks yesterday) that the reason for the higher bars (15mm higher) on the proto frame is that its head tube is 15mm longer!

Other than that, the wheelbase is a smidge longer, the top tube appears to follow a higher line, and the reach is a tad longer.

I had a bit of a (street) ride last night, and quite enjoyed it. As expected, even with 400g heavier forks than im used to, it sits on the back wheel very nicely. As Ben said, sidehopping appears easier, and I also got the hang of backwheeling quite quickly. Gapping/upping to front wheel is very very nice, the high BB puts you more over the front axle and the bike seems to just float up!

Back wheel gapping is very strange at first - the bike feels very light due to it wanting to fire the back end through, but with a small change in technique (not as much pedalling force and more body movement) I could gap as far as on my standard Rex.

Next up - natural, where im expecting it to shine :(

Adam, know this will probably be more hassle than worth but I personally would love to see one person riding both a t-rex and the proto frame on same types of terrain, same moves in the same sort of time frame to rule out progression

Adam, know this will probably be more hassle than worth but I personally would love to see one person riding both a t-rex and the proto frame on same types of terrain, same moves in the same sort of time frame to rule out progression

I was thinking about this... and it'd be quite tricky. It takes a long time to get used to the new frame, since its so different - might even be classed as progress! :P Will bear it in mind though :P Cheers.

Took a few 'comparison' style vids yesterday - myself on the proto, and Dave on his standard T-Rex... should be online tonight.

Was a nice chilled ride on some rocks... and all I have to say is: Anyone wanna buy my T-Rex frame? :P

• 5 years later...