New Ashton Justice

John Shrewsbury

check ashtonbikes,for more detail's about the bike.

Ashton has been working on the new frame for a while now. But i think all the work has pad off.

After seeing martyn riding it one late evening, then me testing it out.

It really felt different to the first ashton. longer chainstay's and high bb, really make's it more compy eg.( better for comp's and natural riding)

At 249 pounds ( frame only) you cant go wrong with this one.

Edited by porthcawlstreetrider

Jeez, that does look like a manly front end even if it IS only the angle the pic was taken at...

At £249, pitches it squarely at Onza T-Rex territory. Intriguing :lol: Kudos to Martyn for producing the Justice at a properly reduced cost though.

wow, thats.....different, i dont like the graphics/colour scheme(sp?) but the frame looks ok, very different to the first ones, hmmmmm, be interesting to see what it rides like, would like to know the wheelbase ect.

Jonno

Boring.

Rather than wasting money on yet another remake of the Justice (what is it? Like the 5th version now...?) why not make another frame? Something fresh for the market.

How about an Akrigg signature? That'd be nice.

Couldn't agree more.

A nice streety 26", short wheelbase, nice and strong, 5lb kinda thing.

Boring.

Rather than wasting money on yet another remake of the Justice (what is it? Like the 5th version now...?) why not make another frame? Something fresh for the market.

How about an Akrigg signature? That'd be nice.

I disagree, I think its great that martyn is continuing to develope his frame, its happens in everything else, look at mat hoffman for example, i know its bmx, but he has been continuingly developing 'the condor' since 1990 or something, making improvements every year, also the koxx do it with there levelboss frame and look at the specialized stumpjumper! I think its good for a company to continuingly make there frames better over time, instead of chopping and changing them every year!

okay i prefer the silver and red over the new paint job, but this is good too see!

though a shorter 26'' streety frame to compilment this would be great!

mike

I'll comment on the frame when i see some better angles...

But what i will comment on, is his interesting set up. (I know it's personal preference and i'm not dissing it, just commenting :) )

It seems to be a compy set up with 2" riser bars, and what looks like a high front end. Also interesting to see him using the now 'standard' wide, drilled rims which he stayed away from for so many years!

Props for making a longer frame though, hope it all goes well :)

I think the frame and colour of it are quite nice, but the spec on that looks terrible! Those orange lined tyres! The bar and stem look like cheapo no-name jobbies. The forks should be black. I'm sure it would build into a nice bike if you threw some money into it.

Edit: The cranks and bash are still nice as ever, probably running a nice raceface BB too...

Edited by Trials Tom

I think the frame and colour of it are quite nice, but the spec on that looks terrible! Those orange lined tyres! The bar and stem look like cheapo no-name jobbies. The forks should be black. I'm sure it would build into a nice bike if you threw some money into it.

Edit: The cranks and bash are still nice as ever, probably running a nice raceface BB too...

Hmm....They're Azonic bars and a Raceface Dues stem (i think anyways..thats what it looks like from here).

Tyres are a personal preference kinda thing, that back one looks like a Maxxis in a Maxxpro compound. The front one, however, i have no idea.

Just to correct john as he said it had longer chainstays when they are shorter and it was short rear end anyway,

I have had a cupple of blasts on the new beast and it is a step up from the mk3 ashton justice and amazing to ride and i cant get over the price of only £249, thats a bargin!