New Ashton Justice

John Shrewsbury

Seeing as you're in contact with Mart more regularly than us/might know anyway, are they redesigning the Edd Tongue frame so it's stronger, or is Edd jumping to Leeson?

All that i know is, and wat ive heard is that eddy is testing a leeson bmx out and has been for over 15 months now. I belive that he is still on ashton bikes, but havent heard it from martyn himseft. and i belive that edd is going to keep riding his trials bike, because i heard that he's been trying to get the bike lighter.

But martyn is'nt going to be making anymore 24inch's.

jon

I think what ever any one does not everyone will ever be happy!

People always complain that bikes now all look the same and are gettin bord of low long silver bikes!

Then a new bike that doesn't have what anything else has apart from personailty and character in it!

and still no love :(

Where is the love ? B)"

Jp

also if you think back a few years boyz and girlz im pretty sure like 99% sure that Martyn was the 1st person to design a trials frame with that kinked top tube design and since that (after it has been designed n put in the taiwanese bible) every one else has copied it "Capich" people should look at martyns bike and see alot more to it than "oh its just another 1" or "its just another one that looks just like such n such" when in theory martyn's bike was the 1st to come out looking as PIMP as it does!and as for black..........its the fastest colour around.........id happily go outside now and swill my "W" reg Astra van in Black Hammerite.......just for the funnies. i know people have different opinions, but it just gets to me a little bit when there saying one bike looks like another when originally (unless someone could prove me wrong. im not putting it past anyone) but id never buy a Zoo or a frame with a kinked top tube like marts as id rather support the some what to me original designer of one of the best looking trials frame on the market.

Waynio.................

ps thats only my opinion i dont want to cause an arguement........i was even looking at an old mbuk the other day at the 1st company that tried to copy the ashton design think they were called "Nasa" or sumit and they made the frame outta carbon. Looked good but not as good as the "Original" Ashton...

i think waynio is right, that vario piece of crap cant even be classed as a bike,

this is an amazing imporvment on the old ashton, looks better am getting bored of silver frames even though i have one its quality give me that paint job any day, everyone was slating the onza t rex but how much poeople have them now, Thought so.

and why change something that is already good ????????? VW have continuley made there golf better but you wouldnt complain there, all ashton has done is make improvments on an already good frame which must mean this will be great.

gets my vote :(

I just don't get how people can be "bored" of new bikes coming out? It just makes no sense :- They're all built to cater for different people in the trials scene, so they all have good points and bad points about each of them, but I don't get how people can be "bored" of them? Especially this crap about "long, low and silver" - how can you be bored of three huge generalisations? When people say they're bored of polished laquered frames, manufacturers start doing paintjobs and people cry 'cos they're not nice. Long frames seem to work for a lot of people (yes, even street riders although again you'll have to (holy crap!) actually change your opinion on something), and the lower bikes, for a lot of people, feel a bit nicer to ride. So if something's not designed for a rider like you, there's just no incentive to be 'bored' of it?

:)

P.S. I don't get the boredom, or maybe it's just complacency? Whereas before there were naff all trials specific components around maybe there's just saturation of the market now? I dunno, it all seems a bit shit anyway. Either way, I shouldn't be typing, I'm too busy snapping all my CD's 'cos they're boring 'cos they're all melodic, harmonic and rhythmic.

i think waynio is right, that vario piece of crap cant even be classed as a bike,

this is an amazing imporvment on the old ashton, looks better am getting bored of silver frames even though i have one its quality give me that paint job any day, everyone was slating the onza t rex but how much poeople have them now, Thought so.

and why change something that is already good ????????? VW have continuley made there golf better but you wouldnt complain there, all ashton has done is make improvments on an already good frame which must mean this will be great.

gets my vote :-

I agree with everything you have said... but VW have NOT made the golf better! Mk1 all the way!!

First time I saw it I instantly thought..... "Apollo Slammer down to £69.99 from £109.99, £40 off" (I think I've done too much overtime at halfords recently :- )

But other than that, looks good :)

Andy P

Edited by Andy P

i was even looking at an old mbuk the other day at the 1st company that tried to copy the ashton design think they were called "Nasa" or sumit and they made the frame outta carbon. Looked good but not as good as the "Original" Ashton...

Um, wasn't that NASA CF frame out aaaaages ago? Before the first Ashton, anyway?

• 1 month later...