Riding Shoes

Mr Motivator

Out of my Etnies and my Vans, i find the vans are much better for riding because the soul isnt so thick, and you can feel what your doing better. Vans for riding all the way! Etnies for style :huh:

Cant remember what my vans are called, but theyre similar to Vans Floyd shoes

Edited by andyroo

yeah I could do with some new riding shoes my vans xl2s are almost dead!! I only got them in the summer! I prefer less bulky trainers and not ones like DC's! Actually the best I have ever had were Emerica Latch, but they don't make them any more :huh:

sorry to piggyback your thread dude

so any ideas?

are they any good bmx trainers out there?

mike

You could have a look in your local TK Maxx for some shoes, they usually have some skate orientated ones. I've bought a pair of vans and 3 pairs of Globes from there.

The most expensive pair was £25.

Having said this, i went to one where they had no decent shoes at all, so it depends on the location of the store and if you're lucky or not. Sometimes they have loads, sometimes they have bugger all.

Also have a look in skate shops and see if they have any sales on. The sole pattern on most Vans is very similar (waffle design) so look out for that and see which upper suits your foot best.

And as Ad said, try as many on, from as many different companies, as you can.

Good luck!

I've been using the etnies rooftop 3's since June. They're my only pair of non-school shoes, so get worn all the time, and they're still going strong. Really stiff, comfy, and the sole's lasting very well.

65626-d.jpg

Although tart's made the reply with the most sense, just try all the ones out you can. :huh:

Mike.

i use them. but lonsdale ones. from donnay £12. really light and comfy, and give good grip on pin pedals  :huh:

And you have the added factor that Townies® don't try and steal your bike cus 'your down with the bling mate' :huh:

Im a pixie shoe man myself :) using some Monty booties at the moment had for 6 months at not a hole in sight :o Im well chuffed

I use Converse All Stars, cos I can't be arsed to buy anymore.

They suck for riding, cept they grip ok.

They're shit, and riding destroys them. I've worn mine out twice riding, and each time I've managed to rip the inside (By the eyelets).

I ride in duffs road runners, Best shoe out there!So comfortable,And never slip off the pedal, Just offer loads of grip. If there is a Free spirit near you go and buy some, I got mine for 30 quids on sale thou. I dont know if they still have a sale on :huh: But any way, My contribution to the debate Duffs Road runners :huh: :) :o"

Tom

gallery_5803_708_19636.jpg

Edited by boovey

They're shit, and riding destroys them.  I've worn mine out twice riding, and each time I've managed to rip the inside (By the eyelets).

Mine are ripped to feck anyway, not by the eyelets though.

They are my non riding shoes, but due to the death of my Rowleys, they have to fill in, I always smash my ankles against the cranks now.

I like my etnies at the moment B) Got some random fat black ones. They look preety crap acctually but grip like anything B) I kinda killed my lowcuts but I loved them more, you could feel more of what you where doing and were mint on platforms but I changed to cages >.<

James :(