Best Pads For Grinds

Wayne-king

Maybe use the search function because there have been hundreds of posts about pads and grinds :blink: (Y)

I am using Plazmatics on the front and koxx browns on the rear both with grinds. Both have amazing lock but squeak like bolllocks

You tried a fresh grind? Im not sure but I think i remember a while ago you buying viz or koxx rims? In this case they tend to hold grinds for around 2 decent rides AT THE MOST...

Little things like cleaning the rim or sanding the pads might work as they might be covered in crap, this can happen when you do have a dead grind and as no material is being scrubbed off they get manky...

just out of interest which heatsinks were you using??

They are batch B's. yes i do have a Viz rear rim, but it has had two fresh grinds this week, both with brand new discs.

Edit: says on the Coust site that pads are currently un-available. is this right?

Edited by Wayne-king

They are batch B's. yes i do have a Viz rear rim, but it has had two fresh grinds this week, both with brand new discs.

WHAT!!!!!!

Does that not tell you something though about the rims :blink:"

Get a ronnie rim, much better than a viz/koxx. Iwent fron a koxx this week to a ronnie and they are amazing.

Im using the NEW batch B's and they are going strong on my wearing grind at the moment (Y) If you can't get a pair of these beasts I think Plazy's are sposed to be fairly good! Ask Sam, he was running them last.

As for changing your rim, dont. There is no point in spending another £40+ to replace a rim with build costs ontop! Ride your Viz till it dies, shouldn't be long to be honest, but then choose don't listen to people who just tell you to change rims!

Will ride with you soon Miles as you look preeeeeeeety good

James :blink: (Rich and Alex's mate on the Zebdi)

koxx reds, amazing pads. only thing i hate about them is the price and the 5mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amount of pad :P

and what you on about james, them viz rims are amazing (Y) they will last FOREVER! :)

:blink: yeh james yours lasted a whole day :P

Pauly

How long do pads actually last then, on a grind?

i bought some plaz CRM pads ages ago and I'm sure they would last another year without a grind. I know they're soft and are ment for grinds, but heh.

How long would soft pads last on a smooth rim as well?

I'm thinking of getting some soft heatsinks or rimjams.

cheers

I run a pair of zoo pads on a newly ground rim and they work well, seem to be lasting too...

won't last on a heavy grind though.

i am deffinelty changing the rim (onza ronnie, buit onto my king by tarty) becasue it needs re-builing anyway, and i don't see the point in re-using a crap rim which has already had around 10 grinds (in under 3 months)