New Hub

manuel

ok my hope mono just died a horible death and i need a new hub

anyone got any opinions which arent king king king.....

like the profiles - what are they like ?

anyway i just fancied getting some top forum advice - oh and the best place (cheapest) to get said hub would be handy - being a student sucks.

Cheers

RJ

Do you run gears of single speed?

I use a DMR Revolver s/s hub with an ACS freewheel on, 36 ep's strong and has not skipped since I got it while riding trials, just one or twice riding along, it was loose then. Since I locktited the lock ring up it hasnt even done that... Pretty cheap combo too, less than £50 and reliable.

Edit: Chain Reaction Link for the hub and Tarty Bikes for the freewheel.

Works out at £44.50, think that all includes postage...

Edited by Brisa

ahh should have said -

gears are a must .....

but that is a bargain....

Have you thought about front freewheel? Echo Cranks are pretty cheap again from Tarty Bikes and your sponsered by viz arent you... shouldn't be too hard getting a fixed hub for nowt then :ermm:

All you need then is the ACS freewheel again... Only thing i can really think of keeping it low cost.

ahh should have said -

gears are a must .....

Weeelll... if King is out of the question, and gears are a must, how about getting your Hope sent back and fixed for free... and then waiting for the Hope Trials hub to be released? (approx 6-8 weeks).

More info and detailed pictures on TartyBikes later today :ermm:

Other option would be a Profile - which are still relatively unproven - but have a lot going for them since the design is good. Its very similar to the Hope in a lot of aspects (well, the other way round, since the Profile came first).

Other option would be a Profile - which are still relatively unproven - but have a lot going for them since the design is good. Its very similar to the Hope in a lot of aspects (well, the other way round, since the Profile came first).

Aren't they hideously expensive though?

Last time I looked they were like £250ish :ermm:

Have you thought about front freewheel? Echo Cranks are pretty cheap again from Tarty Bikes and your sponsered by viz arent you... shouldn't be too hard getting a fixed hub for nowt then  :ermm:

All you need then is the ACS freewheel again... Only thing i can really think of keeping it low cost.

So can i get some that will spin on an isis bb ? or is that only those tensile ones ???

yer i had thought of that..... dunno how much do you reckon for the set up ? im not really that keen on going front freewheel as there is gonna be a cassette hub (one day) from viz so seems abit silly ??

also just had a look on chain reaction to see about profiles (they dont have any so if anyone knows ...) and i saw those hadley hubs going dirt cheap . . . . . they look to have had real up and down reviews . . . . anyone know the score ?

i saw those hadley hubs going dirt cheap . . . . . they look to have had real up and down reviews . . . . anyone know the score ?

Theye pretty poor - its a 'GT hadley' (hubs made by hadley for GT, for use on XC bikes). I'd steer clear of them :ermm:

how about a stealf (sp) instant clutch engagment works out around £120 or abit more i dunno! from true presion (sp)

ive heard someone in england may inport :ermm: i think

sounds abit wierd but does anyone know where from ? ? ?

rowan you goon...£90 for a new hub or £6 to send the wheel back to Hope :lol:"

as i said 100 times

send

it

back

to

hope :ermm:

even if they charge you it won't be more than £20

here you go:

Hopetech

Hope Mill, Skipton Road, Barnoldswick

Lancashire,

United Kingdom

BB18 6EN

Well if you dont want a king because of the price then a profile is out of the question because they are over £250 profile would be the best option if you dont mind the price i run them front and rear on my bmx and me and my friend run them on the back of our trials bikes they are bomb proof and if you do get a problem you send it back and they will fix it or send you a new hub at a cost of £50 :ermm:

How many engagements has that got then and is it the standard 3 pawl system we all know and love?

All that info is on the site :ermm:

48 clicks, 4 pawls, offset in 24 tooth ratchet.

Pawls are totally redesigned though, as you'll have no doubt read and seen :lol:"