New Hub

manuel

i have been testing these hubs now for about 9 months, they are actually quite good,

ive just got the latest trials hub, which is to be named the 'pro 2 t' the t standing for trials whereas non trials version with the hollow axle will just be named the 'pro 2'

they are really light weight, about 280grams i also have the mathching front hub, this is very simialar to the bulb in terms of 20mm through axle can be used, also on both hubs the flange diameter is the same which in effect means using the same length spoke

they have 48 engagement points whereas the first ones i had, had 72, these caused nothing but trouble

regards ash

Have you got a picture of the hub shell ?

Nope, sorry, only got pics of the important bits :ermm: It looks nice though, similar to a Bulb.

is it pretty much the same design as a profile then in terms of engagement?

Pretty much, different springing system though, and I would say that the pawls are a better design than the Profile ones (personal view based on engineering principles) since the ends are flat rather than 'pointy'.

tn_gallery_842_637_15145.jpg

i will put a pic up soon, waiting for my camera

sorry about the quality, i'm trying to get my camera back on high quality from low quality, thats why picture is poop!

the picture shows the pro2 t trials rear hub and the pro 2 front hub

as adam said they will be replacing mono and bulb models

regards ash

Edited by trialnoir

48 clicks, 4 pawls, offset in 24 tooth ratchet.

I think I may be getting one of these babies instead of a King...

The design looks mega good ( Well from the pics anyways :ermm: )

Hopefully this will be a great hub... how much did you say it would be £120??

Watson

I think I may be getting one of these babies instead of a King...

The design looks mega good ( Well from the pics anyways :ermm: )

Hopefully this will be a great hub... how much did you say it would be £120??

Watson

they should be around that price yeah

although they may vary in price due to there being different models

i.e. pro2 with hollow lightweight axle and aluminium ratchet body for xc etc weight 285 grams

pro 2 t model the t stands for trials, this will have a thicker axle and steel ratchet body, although all the ones ive tested have been aluminium ratchet bodys, (nowt but trouble when running single speed)

regards ash

24t ratchet....that bit sounds good- 4 pawls offset...doesn't sound so good. Only two pawls engage at once....you must like the pawl design! The sound familiar to the ENO pawls (trials) with the flat end?

Could be a repeat of the zoo hub? Only one pawl there! Just sounds to me that two pawls isn't going to spread the load much....

adam

24t ratchet....that bit sounds good- 4 pawls offset...doesn't sound so good. Only two pawls engage at once....you must like the pawl design! The sound familiar to the ENO pawls (trials) with the flat end?

Could be a repeat of the zoo hub? Only one pawl there! Just sounds to me that two pawls isn't going to spread the load much....

adam

the two pawl design could be a problem, if there wasnt a whacking great bearing in very close proximity to keep everything straight and in line. Looks pretty well designed to me :ermm: Seeing those pics has made me want to pick up the hub i was designing a while back, hmmmm we'll see.

Why does the rear one have to come with a disc mount ?  :blink:

from the pic it looks like it does have a IS to me and I doubt hope wouldn't make non disc hubs anymore, being famed for there disc brakes and now even xc'er use disc's

EDIT:

Totally new hub shell with IS disc mount.
Edited by leedstrials

from the pic it looks like it does have a IS to me  and I doubt hope wouldn't make non disc hubs anymore, being famed for there disc brakes and now even xc'er use disc's

EDIT:

it makes sense-it seems like the next step for rear brakes really-discs will eventually be designed well enough for trials and frames will get designed properly!! i personally wish i could run a rear disc as i find they are so much more consistent than maguras and more comfy

so this new hope hub-how much is the front 1 to match? and are they really worth buying as too gettin the king hubs? ive had a king and liked it and am running a bulb at the moment- i like that too(pity the freehubs are weak (Y) )

i have the money for either so i dunno what to do-get what everyone else has/wishes they could have or be one of the first to own the new hope (Y)

arrrgh (Y)

These new hopes do look nice - and abit better designed - moving that freehub body bearing closer in - genius - as the only problem ive ever had comes from busting axles without realising and mashing up the ratchets with the freehub body . . . . :">

not sure why they went with only four pawls - although the diameter of the ratchet thingy is bigger so they probably dont need the extra one.. .. .. .

good idea with the offset pawls though - bigger teeth = stronger and offset pawls - less of a slam into engagement ......

maybe ill not eat for three months and buy one of those . .

still a pity about having to have a disc mount . . . as non disc = stronger wheel build plus if you are an extreme weight weenie .. . . . .

non disc = stronger wheel build plus if you are an extreme weight weenie  ..  . . . .

Hows that happen? Flange spacing will be very very similar (if not the same) as a non-disc hub (Y) Could also argue shorter spokes = stronger build.

Weight weenie? Angle grinder (Y)" Nah, theyve done it because the hub is also set to replace (when fitted with alloy freehub and hollow axle) the XC Ti and Bulb - both of which have disc mounts...

Hows that happen? Flange spacing will be very very similar (if not the same) as a non-disc hub (Y) Could also argue shorter spokes = stronger build.

Weight weenie? Angle grinder  (Y)" Nah, theyve done it because the hub is also set to replace (when fitted with alloy freehub and hollow axle) the XC Ti and Bulb - both of which have disc mounts...

ahh ok i see with the XC angle.... but is it less dish or something (or is it more ? icant remember the terms anymore) yeah youre probably right there wont be much difference..... it just doesnt look as good - fashion over function obviously . . .

not sure id take an angle grinder to anything made by hope - its too classy (Y)

it just doesnt look as good - fashion over function obviously . . .

not sure id take an angle grinder to anything made by hope - its too classy  (Y)

Now we see the true meaning (Y) hehe! I agree though, I'd run a non-disc version over a disc hub if i had the choice, and i think a lot of people would (Y)

Good point... you'd have cried seeing me take one to my mates King hub then (Y)"

Gave hope a ring from work yesterday....hubs due early April, and for anybody who deals with Hope...£65+vat trade... :blink:"

Looks well sweet and should be damn good, though I still havent had trouble with my 2yr old XC...

I know what Im getting soon!

M@

Anyone that deals with Hope...£65+vat trade... :ermm:" 

f**k me, is that just ordering one from Hope, i.e. it'd be cheaper for the deal if they bought a load at the same time?

If so, £120 (for the us lot) sounds rediculous :wub:

Though I expect most shops make similar (read: annoyingly large) kinda profits on all the stuff they order :blink:

Though I expect most shops make similar (read: annoyingly large) kinda profits on all the stuff they order :(

Trust me, they don't. Im not sure the price mentioned up there is correct... Compared to other Hope products that are £120 at RRP, its too low. Hope are also one of the best companies in terms of trade margin - hence seeing every single item permanently discounted (from RRP) by many shops.

Anyway, beginning of April, thats 4 weeks sooner than I was told last weekend, which cant be a bad thing. Looks like the spring manufacturing place have speeded up :)

f**k me, is that just ordering one from Hope, i.e. it'd be cheaper for the deal if they bought a load at the same time?

If so, £120 (for the us lot) sounds rediculous (Y)

Though I expect most shops make similar (read: annoyingly large) kinda profits on all the stuff they order :lol:

I'm gerrin one for trade. :) :)" :S