The Rear Disc........

Davetrials

Never get a disc, i know most pople already know this but, no one had ever tried a rear hope trial, and oh my god it was positivly awful, it held me back, it slipped allll the time, it would just NOT!!!!!!!!! hold

all in all it was shit, my maggie with coust pads is back on now, and thank f**k!!!! :(

Shit review yes but you get the idea.

Can't say i'm THAT suprised after using a Mini on the back of my bike for a few days.

Were you using the 160mm rotor with it? I recon it'd be pretty good with a 185/203mm one.

And maybe a Plazmatic rotor/ pads (if they make them to fit...hmm...) would improve performance.

Most people who have tried rear disc don't use it long enough to really let it bed in.

My avids probably took a month to bed in fully. But then my rear disc but was the best brake I've ever tried. By far.

So I'd say if your gonna go rear disc prepare for a long break in period

and use an avid

I have been ride rear XT disc for 8 month... An think that it's good choice for all conditions... it works perfectly, but i ruin my frame (2-3 times) and rear ChrisKing axile... so if u want to ride disk, you must have reinforeced frame and bolt-on hub.

And go for marta, i think it's best choice for the rear...

bedding in and using it for a while are a completely different kettle of fish, ur supposed to drag it for a bit, then dous(sp) it in water(a few times over) this clears the coating/top layer off the pads.

In all honesty any disc brake thats set up write and bed in proply will work ok, some obviously have more power than others.

Lastly if its rubbing then it will always be warm therefor f**king the pads.(hense why downhill discs have holes in the rotor to cool them down as they work wank when hot)