Viz Urban Forks..

boon racoon

hey guys

i picked up my forks from dan on saturday on the bristol ride. i thought i would post my review of them because you might wanna hear about them.

i've had these for at least a day, and i've had them in my room looking - and i have to say they seem really stiff!! i've set my disc brake on them and pushed them around my floor with a wheel in..they aint going nowhere. i reckon you'll get a good years use out of them easy, for the harshest of riders

all in all, great forks

11/10

:)

hey guys

i picked up my forks from dan on saturday on the bristol ride. i thought i would post my review of them because you might wanna hear about them.

i've had these for at least a day, and i've had them in my room looking - and i have to say they seem really stiff!! i've set my disc brake on them and pushed them around my floor with a wheel in..they aint going nowhere. i reckon you'll get a good years use out of them easy, for the harshest of riders

all in all, great forks

11/10

:sick:

That's a bit vague. Have you *actually* ridden them properly yet? or at all come to that?

ive ridden them

they are identical in shape to echo urbans - but undoubtedly beefier . . . .

ive been riding them for a couple of weeks . . .

they are stiff as you like.... construction is very beefy ally legs and crown with beefy steel steerer bonded right in with a massive overlap.

if i break em ill tell yer but. . . . .

if boon breaks them ill be amazed.. . . so

RJ

Hmm, I have always thought that Viz stuff is a bit over priced...... but maybe I'm just being wierd.....

I want some new forks, something lighter than my fatty's, I considered Echo Urbans, but as I'm going to get a disc I'm a bit worried about the mount snapping :lol:

construction is very beefy ally legs and crown with beefy steel steerer bonded right in with a massive overlap.

Hmm.. Bonding sucks!

Brisa: Pure forks are not stronger than Urban ones, and they're about 8ft tall!

Yea, know about height and know urbans are more solid. Just never hears of them going at the disc mount... Are they available because i cant seem to see any?

Isn't the disc mount identical?

purefork.jpg

And me urbans, attatched.

post-480-1110214485_thumb.jpg

I've heard of more Pure forks failing than Urbans.

I personally can't fault my Urbans. Well, one of the vee brake mounts was welded on at a weird angle, but apart from that, they're cool.

Pure forks are lighter and longer, which makes me wonder where they removed the material.

Isn't Bigman the only one actually cracking the disc mount?

And also, you mentioned Urbans going at the disc mount.. Just wanted to point out that the mount is identical, so the Pures are no safer at the disc mount than Urbans.