Driving Test

butcha87

Just try not to panic, when you are doing your maneuvers make sure you stop if anything comes and wait untill they either pass you or wait. Stare at them and keep looking anywhere else you need to look and then look back at them quickly to make sure they don't set off past you so you can stop again if they move. (Y)

Just try not to panic, when you are doing your maneuvers make sure you stop if anything comes and wait untill they either pass you or wait. Stare at them and keep looking anywhere else you need to look and then look back at them quickly to make sure they don't set off past you so you can stop again if they move.  ;)

NO MINORS BEN :) , did you suck the examiner off (Y)

Pretty well although I failed!I think as a whole,my driving was awesome,as was it the lesson before hand,I just started to fall to bits after I thought I'd failed straight away!But my major downfall was that I was approaching some traffic lights quite fast,and they turned amber whilst I was quite close, I paniced and tried to stop. But it was too late and I overshot my line so I carried on going,but,to my unluckiness a "partially sighted" man started to cross the road so I had to wait for him whils t holding up the traffic!Gutted!!

Pretty well although I failed!I think as a whole,my driving was awesome,as was it the lesson before hand,I just started to fall to bits after I thought I'd failed straight away!But  my major downfall was that I was approaching some traffic lights quite fast,and they turned amber whilst I was quite close, I paniced and tried to stop. But it was too late and I overshot my line so I carried on going,but,to my unluckiness a "partially sighted" man started to cross the road so I had to wait for him whils t holding up the traffic!Gutted!!

thats the sort of thing you only learn with lots of hours of driving, i had way more lessons than i actually needed, but flet safer and more confident so when i took my test i was prepared for pretty much everything.

unlucky about the fail dude, dont let it get to you though, learn from it for next time.

I particually hate comming up to lights when they have been green for a while, always makes me nervous.

I had about 27 lessons, possibly more than I needed, but I had never driven a car before I started them so I was a complete beginner. I passed with 3 minors a month ago.

Just make sure you look in your mirror ALL the time! (more than you look ahead sometimes lol)

keep plenty of space infront of you.

use your indicators, better to use them than not.

keep speed safe, if your going the right speed, you can deal with anything. (where I got a minor)

dont forget to check your blind spot (where I got a minor)

dont over rev the engin or let it splutter (my third minor)

I hope you pass next time (Y)

Oh well mate better luck next time(Y)

try to stay about 5 mph under the speed limit that way you have a bit more thinking time

Wouldn't do that then you get minors for lack of progress and undue hesitation  (Y)"

Pete

Yep, you would lol... not making enough progress or something shit. 30 is a pretty slow speed anyway, imagine sitting at 25 lol.

Better look next time, got mine soon.

thats the sort of thing you only learn with lots of hours of driving, i had way more lessons than i actually needed, but flet safer and more confident so when i took my test i was prepared for pretty much everything.

Same, i spent about 9 months learning with roughly 2 hours a week (BSM only do 2hr lessons), my housemates all had less yet had around 3-4 tests each!! I passed 1st time with two minors, If you add up the cost of tests compared to extra lessons it makes sense.

hmm ive got my test in exactly a month tomoro im well nervous about it but hopefully i will pass (Y)

tips i have been given from my instructor are:

if they ask you to pull over and then pull off straight away dont rush and finish securing the car and start again as this is what they will be looking for.

if some body lets you into traffic by flashing their light etc have a look around and tell the examiner that you can see that it is safe before moving. (as this is where somebody i know mucked up)

other then that just try and relax and drive as you usually would because if your instructor thinks that you are ready and if you drive like you usually do you will pass :P

best of luck :P :unsure: