Hope Modding?

Davetrials

Well after a helpful hint recently ive sucessfully modded my hope XC so its now louder and stronger yay

Well done Dave (Y) Give Hope a ring now and inform them of your wheel's arrival in the not too distant future.

Got rid of the grease, stretched the springs or put stiffer ones in there.

Say goodbye to your hub its gonna skip

Haha took the grease out put sum wet lube in and used 6 springs insted of 3, its the same as normal but with the springs bunched up?

no problems?

Edited by Davetrials

Ok that dont make sence.

but theres nothing to go wrong internally EVERYTHING is the right place just the springs are a little bigger pushing the pawls in to the racheta little bit harder thus more solid engament?

Go on adam put me down.

just the springs are a little bigger pushing the pawls in to the racheta little bit harder thus more solid engament?

Yeah, thats where the problem lies. Hope use those springs on purpose, theyre the right strength not to kill the ratchet, but still make the hub engage properly.

I seems like there probably is room for more pawls - and quite a simple job to put em in as in machine the freehub body and drill the spring hole . . .

it shouldnt make the freehub body much weaker but tough to make them an offset set.

just more of the load spread out . . .

yo davus.................im with you! (Y)

seen as though you took the advice of some crazy ass mo fo! ;)"

Waynio........................

its better BECOS! the springs are pushing 2 as hard into the ratchet therefore making the pawls engage CORRECTLY nearly all the time, all you have to do is go into it every so often and make sure they aint moved, iv done it to many hubs and many friends hubs and to be honest we aint had peoples hubs slipping half as much and like dave said there louder. he was asking me why mine was so loud, mine still has all the factory grease in and still runs as good as new, not had it slip for ages. if you put the springs in incorrect by not lineing them up correctly then yes you will have problems.

Waynio......................

Ye, I'd agree using 2 springs would be better, your ratchet only dies when the hub slips, if it doesnt slip then it will only wear, and wear probably a bit faster, but nothing to worry about, I'd say well worth it, It worked for me stretching the springs or putting bigger ones in, can't remember.

Phil.

Well it hasent slipped yet i keep riding every now again gapping around and stuff, meh.

Hehe i have gears now as well (Y)

I no you dont care but ive never had a trials bike with gears.

All 2 of them.

Edited by Davetrials

Well it hasent slipped yet i keep riding every now again gapping around and stuff, meh.

Hehe i have gears now as well (Y)

I no you dont care but ive never had a trials bike with gears.

All 2 of them.

put it in the highest and ride up a hill then see if it skips ;)

Hey Dave... I done that idea... the whole doubleing up the springs... never worked though... after time the srings just snap as there is too much tension on them plus it can wreck your ratchet if your not careful (Y)

Personally I would just keep it with 3 springs and not 6... it's alot safer ;)

Watson

Can someone explain to me why you'd want your hub to sound louder?

Is there really any point, you could just put spokey dokes in (Y)

Ah well, i suppose it's a bit like people fiddling round with their little twist and go 50cc scooters trying to make them sound louder...

They end up with a slower bike that dies quicker than a white man in a ghetto.

Edited by nichols_sam

Sorry, didn't realise I wasn't entitled to an opinion.

Good luck with it. Just don't post back on here moaning if it does die.  (Y)

Why the hell not ill post on here and moan as much as i like, i dont give flying f**k if it dies, OH SHIT!!!!! ive gotta send my hub back to hope.

My problem

end of convosation.