Green Bits And Bobs.....

Spikenipple

Hey everyone,

I'm soon going to start the process of pimping my bike (as much as a diamondback can be pimped anyway....) and as my colour scheme is going to be black (primary) and bright green (complimentary), i want to get green grips, green rim tape (should be getting black rims), green dustcaps and a green hose for my maggie.

Does anyone know of anywhere i can get these items? I searched on google and found some Shimano rim tape, but it's only 16mm wide so i don't think it'll cover the holes properly.

On BikeDock it lists Planet-X 'lime' grips but i can't find a picture of them anywhere, does anyone know what they look like and is the colour particularly bright?

Thanks very much,

Mike.

DMR Make Green grips, they are at wades cycles, are also in this months mbuk.

A green hose? umm no idea sorry.

As for rimage tape you could always use green ribbon or insulation tape under some normal rimtape, so the green shows threw the holes but has actual rim tape inside the rim. Aust did that with gold, lasted him a fair while. Also i think bikedock may do green rim tape dont hold me to that though (Y)"

green hope stuff.................

get some green hose pipe and wack it on your chainstays for protection.......

Green Coust or koxx bloxx........

spray your pistons green.

club roost 1d pedals were green at 1 stage (not iluminous but were a green colour)

Waynio.......................

i think it will look trik as nuts with green bits nice and camo!!!!!

Dammit :P For the hose i'll just use the electrical tape as suggested.

The RimJam greens are the hard type, not looking for hard pads as i'm planning to run a smooth rim so i'll probably get some Zoo pads as they're green aswell.

Aparently ZOO Pads are best suited to grind acording to select bikes website, i think i have read it other places too

i am running the green rim jams on a clean rim and they are beasty and are immense with a TINY amount of tar...you even need to use a bit of tar with zoo's to get the wanted amount of bite and they wear down stupidly fast.

plus the rimjams are cheaper...they are green...and work just as well as zoo's and last longer

and you dont need tar with zoo pads if you set your brake up properly. I.E. Atleast taking your time and thinking. Not slapping em on and riding around

green hope stem all the way via tartybikes

Edited by Spacemunkee