Tar On Rails-slip-proof

spider

Its a bit anoying going round putting tar on rails, but if it stops you from crippling your self...

EDIT: Dont you hate it when you slip on waxed curbs. :unsure:

Edited by JT!

some mates find it very helpful putting tar on rails, to be honest i never did when i started rails and never feel the need to do it, i think it maybe more of a confidence thing, like because it is less likely to slip when u start off doing them, it is easier kind of. i dont find it much of a help as i never used it but for confidence i think it would boost it.

the rail by the watersidey place in bristol (no idea what its called) is tarred up to FOOK!!!!!

we tarred a green rail in porthcawl back in summer! i gapped to it and twice slipped out sideways (was at a slight angle) yet when it was tarred up it seemed fine.... although you coudl hear the tyre sticking to it as u hopped!!!!

seems totally pointless to me and wouldnt recommend it at all to be honest. Especially if you ride late at night, the moisture in the air will make it more slippy than sticky (especially on the isle of wight with the sea mist).

Has it's good points and bad points i suppose.

But other people use rails in some places, depending on where they are.

and not too many people will be happy with streaks of tar smeared across they're garments.

I wouldnt do it personally, but i suppose it might give you a bit of confidence trials-wise, but dont get too used to it.

Square rails seem to be fine its just circular ones that are a pain, did my first 2 proper rail gaps tonight, was well chuffed, one of them was to a rail which was kinda rusted all black so it was really grippy on top :(

The only time I've ever slipped off rails is in the wet (Or maybe brake slippage, can't remember). And in the wet, tar is useless anyway :) But hey, if it gives you some kind of psychological advantage, go for it :(

Yeah its been done on alot of things, anything your slipping on.

If your just strating I think thats a good idea. As you get better youll find you dont need to bother.

Some people also use sand paper which you can get with a sticky back to put on things. The martins use it in Tricks and Stunts 2.

Have a look

Harry