.e

Sponge

Well, they're the same company, but before ZOO! did the "copy" frames such as the Lynx, but now they're kinda doing their own thing. But either way, they each have a brand identity and so on, so it makes more sense just to keep them seperate. Plus, if someone didn't like one of them they still might buy from the other, and so they still make money, whereas if they were the same company they wouldn't get the revenue from that person.

Or summat :P

Mark

They also might be trying to attract poeple into riding for the echo team, getting some people riding their bike's and being seen in the same kind of light as craig lee scott and neil tunnicliffe, this might make for more sale's of the echo side of the company and even thing's out a little.

Echo recently seem to have totally re-designed their 2005 range. The original 2005 range seemed awesome, but now they've release totally new looking cranks, and 2 re-designed frames: Echo Team and Control 2005 Mark 2. They also have a new frame of course the Hifi.

I was jsut wondering, what was the reason behind totally re-doing the 2005 range when it was already awesome :P

One of my theories was that since Deng is owner of both Echo and Zoo! Maybe he felt that his Zoo! products were far overtaking his Echo products, and he brought out a 2005 mark 2 range to even out the sales perhaps?

I don't really know, but I hope some of you can enlighten me.

I think its the same reason why onza are bringing out different frame designs etc, they are just progressing, simple as that.

All the stuff look nice though :P" .

Look at the difference between the original Echos or Onzas, and look at them today. They've got to keep moving forward to keep selling parts.

You say they shouldn't change them when the 2004s are superb. I bet people said that about the 1995 frames when the 1996 ones came out. Look at them now!

Woot. Only just seen the new frame and ive got one think to say, they're a total let down! Horrible the team was beautiful before same with the control, just f**ked it all up by copying ideas... :P

Joe.

Woot. Only just seen the new frame and ive got one think to say, they're a total let down! Horrible the team was beautiful before same with the control, just f**ked it all up by copying ideas... :P

Joe.

always a good word to say joe b look at all your posts u neg tit :P

Titanium Nitride coating is used on drill bits, among other things in the cutting family. It's a very good coating, and the cog will last for ages, unless it cracks and explodes.

Smart move, I think many will follow. Because many should.

Nope, there will be no more pure's, shame to loose such a nice frame really.

There are some V-brake models still available really cheap (offer) from selectbikes.

The New echo stuff is really well made and finished off, the amount of work and engineering goine into the frames and parts, it's unbelievable, the headtube on the new hifis and teams are fully CNC'd, not cast like certain other frames, but the money has gone into making the frames, and they are very well made and finished off.

The 18t cogs are actually available now, a bit of bling bling to your bike, they are the same price as the old ones, just an improvement, I can't say the price here. but they are on certain websites.

There will be ISIS Bottom brackets in great lengths soon, the new echo cranks have a hardened finish and come in 158 or 170 in square or ISIS.

CNC'd forks, these are made to be the strongest forks available hence the slightly heavier weight of them, but you can;t go wrong with them cnc forks, rather nice, can;t wait to get my hands on some.

The bars have gone a bit wider, the hubs are made from a different material, new Logoing on certain items, and the new bling bling polished frames and forks are really very nice in person, It's such a difference the normal silver frames look very dull after seeing the polished frames :P

Phil.

There are some V-brake models still available really cheap (offer) from selectbikes.

The New echo stuff is really well made and finished off, the amount of work and engineering goine into the frames and parts, it's unbelievable, the headtube on the new hifis and teams are fully CNC'd, not cast like certain other frames, but the money has gone into making the frames, and they are very well made and finished off.

The 18t cogs are actually available now, a bit of bling bling to your bike, they are the same price as the old ones, just an improvement, I can't say the price here. but they are on certain websites.

There will be ISIS Bottom brackets in great lengths soon, the new echo cranks have a hardened finish and come in 158 or 170 in square or ISIS.

CNC'd forks, these are made to be the strongest forks available hence the slightly heavier weight of them, but you can;t go wrong with them cnc forks, rather nice, can;t wait to get my hands on some.

The bars have gone a bit wider, the hubs are made from a different material, new Logoing on certain items, and the new bling bling polished frames and forks are really very nice in person, It's such a difference the normal silver frames look very dull after seeing the polished frames  :P

Phil.

160 and 170mm cranks :P :P