Who's Using Disk-brake...

spider

I think Ceaser Canas had one at the bike show. (is that him?) on a monty anyway.

Really think its down to personal preference, if i'm right you ride an Alibongo.

Frames that weren't designed around a disc (brisa, megamo) usually shit themselves at the first sign of stresses that discs produce.

You may like it as there are quite a few people over on OTN that do but it will almost be at the sacrifice of your new frame.

I think Ceaser Canas had one at the bike show. (is that him?) on a monty anyway.

Really think its down to personal preference, if i'm right you ride an Alibongo.

Frames that weren't designed around a disc (brisa, megamo) usually shit themselves at the first sign of stresses that discs produce.

You may like it as there are quite a few people over on OTN that do but it will almost be at the sacrifice of your new frame.

um how did you work that out. both the megamo and brisa's came with with disks front and rear as complete bikes, and were designed for them. the Brisa b20/26D has a normal disk tab and the dedicated magura disk tab. so i do believe they were designed for disks. i think the main reason is that disks can ahve amazing stopping power and modulation. but they do not bite and hold too well, there are exepctions but i think that is the main reason.

I am running a rear hope mono trials. Its petty good but not great.

I hold for most moves, but as soon as your attention slips, so does the brake.

You also get the spoke flex issues, a maggie is much has a much more confident feel when on the back wheel.

To round up:

Get the disk if your not so much into big moves, it will slip. If you just do small things or are a beginner, then its fine.

PS I will probably stick the disk on for muddy comps, thats possibly the only place where a disk would beat a maggie.

um how did you work that out. both the megamo and brisa's came with with disks front and rear as complete bikes, and were designed for them. the Brisa b20/26D has a normal disk tab and the dedicated magura disk tab. so i do believe they were designed for disks. i think the main reason is that disks can ahve amazing stopping power and modulation. but they do not bite and hold too well, there are exepctions but i think that is the main reason.

Sorry mate, poor sentence stringing together. I meant non disc frames cant hack it but ones such as brisa and megamo that were designed for it can.

Erm megamo and brisa are the strongest two ONLY dam trials frames who can hold up to a disc

Ali i had a rear hope trial, and to be truthfull it sucked mayjor ass.

DO NOT get a disc.

When i first started trials i used a C2 disk on the rear, thought it ok at the time but when i look back a magura is far superior (sp?), so if i was you i would stick with the maggie,

Jonno.........

i used to run disk on the rear, Hope enduro 4. i loved it for the fact i could tare down steep hills doing manuals and it was so easy to control the bike, through the modulation of the brake.

it locked pretty good when back wheeling and gaping etc. but it did like to loosen my spokes here and there and tended to get landed on sometimes!

i wouldn't recomend it for trials use (well, maybe natural comps, but not street) as your pretty much guaranteed to snap off the top brake mount on the frame. expecially if your trying to back wheel something, then blunting back off backwards and landing with the brake on.

It took me a lot of persuading to get me to leave my disk and goto maggy, but now i have, i wont go back. The lock and on/off feel of the brake , i find is very re-assuring and gives me confidence to do bigger stuff knowing it wont slip!

Ry

:huh:

disc on rear of a stock bike = death..............

disc on rear of mod = is ok. with it having a smaller wheel it will work better.

1 of 2 things. why change a brake that works?(magura) keep it on and you'll keep your life! ali c met us up at blackstrone edge on sunday and the 1st thing he did he was on his arse.....................and he will be 1st to second that, even though it holds on some things it doesnt when you need the brake to be reliable.

Waynio..........................

when megamos used to come with them they had like 200mm rear rotors cos that would be the only size that would work...........half decent

My freind run a back disk on his raptor for only a short period of time and in that period it cracked the frame ( onza t-raptor ) when he contacted onza about a replacement they tried to give him some bullshit about "The frame isnt supposed to be used with a back disk " Even though the frame has a back disk mount...

But no disks on the back are pretty shit i think...

Lee

Edited by Mr Koxx

i used to run a rear disk but i only got away with it because i weighed virturly(spelling) nothing but as i got heavier it started to fail on me so now i run a magura (Y)

also i probaly wouldnt recomend it for trials use my personal opinion obviously :(

Edited by wee_grant

dics are exellent on the rear apart from one thing they snap your frame in the end but apart from that when they have been beded in correctly and setup well they are muchmorepowerful than amagy, i know i had an m4 for a year and was mental, but it snapped 3 frames b*****d things