Helmets - Please Wear One!

Tartridge

I always wear a helmet, I have hit my head 3 times and my helmet saved me.

Anyway, I dont think helmets make people look stupid, do motocross riders look stupid in theirs? How about rally drivers? They look pretty normal to me.

The only exception is those massive police helmets that look like church bells, now they look stupid (Y)

Ok to be onest ive never ridin with a lid, but ive been meaning to get one. like you say its one worry off you mind, im always worrying about falling back onto my head. so what would you reckomend for a helmet.

thanks

snowy

I've never worn a helmet - even. It is absolutely stupid but I've never been able to afford one, and when I do have money they've never been top of my shopping list.

I know I should get one, and I have been meaning to get one but some shit always gets in the way.

Denial isn't the best policy, but things are looking up, I can afford a helmet; this one here. Actually the Semi has always been my dream helmet, ever since they came out, just taken a long time to get one! (Y)

Tom

helmets are good! (Y) I know bucky and tom (chocolatefoot) were thankful they were wearing theirs (Y)

but yeah in the month before the bikeshow i hit my head/helmet five times the worse two times i only got a headache, and i would have been knocked out. The funniest was when i tried to sidehop up this handlebar height wall and missed my front wheel and ran across the top of the wall head first into a metal pole! :o

but i dunno how bmxers get away with not wearing helmets

mike

Edited by leedstrials

i had a similar experience where i fall off a wall and slipped out,, slammed my head into the floor.. but it was a huge area of grass!... my head hit a half slab of concrete that had been left around..

wear a helmet,,,not just because it looks better,(like you mean bussiness)

but because it gives the confidence to go higher..further ect...

Well I've measured my head... but I guess there's more to it than that! I'm not a shop kind of person to be honest, and my local only stocks TSG's and XC helmets.

You really do need to try some on. Having said that, I just bought a 661 drit lid without trying it on and it's fine. Might have been a bit lucky though. But even if it didn't fit, it was only £20. Better than spending £50 on a helmet from a mail order shop anyway (Y)

I admit i dont wear a helmet all the time, but ive convinced myself that i will from now on. I usually pop my lid on when im going for something big but as tarty said, it can happen on things as normal as a curb. It really is worth being safe (Y)

It sure can happen on aything, i once fell off when trying out my new pads in my back garden and wacked my head. Fell about 5 feet onto my head and wasnt wearing a lid.

And now i always wear it. i mean it doesnt matter who you are, you can still cock up on the easiest of moves, and its not worth taking the risk. to be honest i dont think people look stupid in helmets anyway, i mean there are so many modern and nice designs around that peolpe can usually find something to suit them.

I need to get another.

I've got a TSG, but it doesnt fit, evenm with max padding its loose on the sides and looks silly so i never wear it much.

What pisspot would fit better? Pro-tec?

six six one (Y)

Edited by aust

I need to get another.

I've got a TSG, but it doesnt fit, evenm with max padding its loose on the sides and looks silly so i never wear it much.

What pisspot would fit better? Pro-tec? (Y)

The PRO-TEC comes up small as i found out when i tried one on so if you have a small head then the Pro-Tec is the one i'd have.I,on the other hand have a larger dome so i went for a capix lid which looks cool(FITS PROPERLY!!)and does the job.

Buying a lid is more about what fits,rather than what looks better,I really wanted a Pro-tec as they look good and i remembered them from back in the day being very good,but they simply wouldn't fit my big head!

Get one that fits and USE IT!!

Mike.

helmets are good!  (Y) I know bucky and tom (chocolatefoot) were thankful they were wearing theirs  :(

I ride with Tom (chocolatefoot) and yes he was thankful he was wearing his helmet!! He still cracked the back of his head open but the helmet slowed the bash down :( If he wasn't wearing it, well god no's what would have happened :( His confidence has gone down loads since the accident (N)

And there is a video of it happening somewere (Y)

So always wear a helmet :o

Edited by BI-KING

if you use the excuse i cant afford one , you should get your priorities right

its seriously annoying when people dont wear them or wear them done up !

if you dont have one ask youre parents to buy you a 20 quid one from the lbs that fits , they'll be very wrong to say no to you .

and its been said before , who looks more of a willy the kid on his bike wearing a lid or the kid who cant walk

*rant over*

I no I should always wear one, beacuse the result of choosing not to could damage your brain for the rest of your life, resulting in not being able to ride bike (Y) .

I have been more willing lately because atempting bigger stuff makes you feel as if you need more protection, just incase.