How High Are People Sidehopping These Days?

Damon W

i think my best may be pushing 45" but that was a while ago - to be honest im pretty crap at them - i have to piss about for ages on the back wheel first and i go left from left foot forward - less than ideal . . . .

probably why i broke my wrist sidehopping :)

saw ashton go 44" over a bar first time on saturday in bristol city centre.....

i consider that pretty large - over a bar no sideways tuck and from two wheels - LEGEND - plus he signed my fav poster .... . :turned:

Also - Daves sidehops are pretty wicked style wise. . . . no silly tuck just pure beans.

I can do about 32 inches on my bt (stock) :S

Only just started concentrating on learning them when python_rider made me try 5 blue pallets but now ive started going higher and higher.

Wish you wouldn't have quit tom (python_rider) i liked riding with you! :)

Damn bmx! :turned:

What does that mean? How high is a standard sized skip and how high is a standard sized pallet? I've never ridden either!

Surely you know what he means? I'm not picking holes , but i know you've ridden a "Standard" Sized pallet....

I've never taken a tape measure out with me when riding but i can sidehop handlebar height everytime and anything over is lot of effort....

I am getting 37 inches pretty consistantly on my levelboss 20" I have been working out doing squats etc. I find it helps a bit to get more power. Setting goals and achieveing them is good for the confidence factor as well. Ill try 40" soon :turned:

Not sure about my good side, but i did ~ 36" to my bad side first time today.

I need a better wall to practise on...

I recon i can do about 41/2/3" to good side.... Possibly more.

I need to put in some time at the wall at Tower Bridge park!

You're not the only one :deej:

I just don't seem to have any enthusiasm over sidehops, so I've never really practiced them.  The last few attempts I've had were somewhat shocking mind.

Think I may have found something to learn over the summer :deej:

ha ha...i practiced for about a month, got to bar height, winter came so no ridng, came back out and meh...no sidehop hops....

ill have do give it a go too...

(Y)

I can now manage a 38" from back wheel and 32 from both wheels, I can do 40" to pedals, but that isnt classed as a sidehop is it?? can someone tell me if you can class your sidehop to pedal as your highest. charzzzzz

Pock3t

I'm guessing that a large percentage of sidehopping riders would say they could do it highest to pedal.

Unfortunately, I literally cannot stand sidehops to pedal, so I haven't really bothered learning them (Apart from when I first learnt to sidehop). Rubber's where it's at (Y)