Have You Ever Downloaded Music Illegally?the Poll

biketrialler

Have you ever downloaded music illegally - ie limewire, kazaa, soulseek, winmx, torrent etc. Where you dont pay for the music you recieve.  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever downloaded music illegally - ie limewire, kazaa, soulseek, winmx, torrent etc. Where you dont pay for the music you recieve.

• Yes, I have downloaded illegally
    • No, I only have music that i've bought in an actual shop or on a reputable online download store (eg iTunes Store)

Could be an interesting outcome! Obviously if you do both, you tick the 'Yes I have downloaded music illegally' box.

And ticking this poll either way isnt going to change whether you ever get fined or not, so please tick your real answer.

Discuss, and thanks,

Ben

I hate it when they say, downloading music illigaly i just like taking it from the shop.

This is wrong, they should say downloading music illigaly i just like going into a shop and copying one of the cd's.

I do download music illigaly, but if i couldn't, i wouldn't go out and buy it.

is the pope catholic...

lol. I don't download all that much music, only when I see a good album that I fancy hearing. As JT said, if I couldn't download it I would VERY rarely go and buy it. The only CD's I've made a point of actually buying were the Rock Against Bush compilations as I totally support them trying to get that faggot retard out of power.

I tend to download more in the way of illegal software and films to be honest.

Dave

I hate it when they say, downloading music illigaly i just like taking it from the shop.

This is wrong, they should say downloading music illigaly i just like going into a shop and copying one of the cd's.

That is very similar though. You ARE stealing a product in essence, even if the company isnt losing a sale. It IS a crime. How does what you just said change anything? You do realise going into a shop, buying the CD, copying it and taking it back IS a crime?

The law is pretty feeble really.

If you listen to a song on the radio it's O.K

If you put a tape in, record the song off the radio, and play it back it's now illigal

It does seem slightly strange at times... but i guess it's all to do with royalties etc.

The law is pretty feeble really.

If you listen to a song on the radio it's O.K

If you put a tape in, record the song off the radio, and play it back it's now illigal

It does seem slightly strange at times... but i guess it's all to do with royalties etc.

Its not so much about royalties becasue your not making a profit from it when you listen to it....im just thinking from an editing standpoint when making dvd's and such. Most times when i was using a bands song and was selling maybe 100 copys, the record lable didnt give a shite. But when we download it they do? Thats what seems a little strange to me.

Its not so much about royalties becasue your not making a profit from it when you listen to it....im just thinking from an editing standpoint when making dvd's and such. Most times when i was using a bands song and was selling maybe 100 copys, the record lable didnt give a shite. But when we download it they do? Thats what seems a little strange to me.

I ment royalties to the artist. Every time the radio plays their song they have to pay the artist's label + the artist, when you record & playback their not getting anything.

EDIT: hell even i'm using a download CS2 at the moment (Y) bollocks to paying £150 tograde to that piece of crap :D

And I remember reading quite an interesting article saying that adobe don't realistically loose much money from piracy. Since the people who own it pirate are people who would never buy it in the first place, their primary target market group in 95% of cases DO buy it, and all the people using it as warez simply spread the word / create more market power.

The thing is, its not only music (Y)

who owns a legitament copy of photoshop ( except alexx)???

Haha. Not me :D

I download. I don't actually mind. I download full albums. I share none because I don't want any chance of getting caught, and also it opens a port to possible hackings.

Erm. I haven't bought a proper CD in ages. Yet i have 1500 tracks on my iPod and iTunes.

:D

I've never bought a CD in my life.

About 90% off software, music, films etc have been downloaded "illegally"

I simply cannot afford to buy stuff.

Its not my fault I can get stuff for free. (Y)

Thing is with software these days theres not much point because most things have a just as good freeware/opensource version available anyway.

Free -

Filezilla (Alternative to something like cuteFTP and better),

Winamp (What else does anyone need for music),

BSPlayer (Better than WMP imo),

Openoffice (I never need to make office documents only view them),

Thunderbird (I prefer to outlook),

Firefox (Prefer to IE),

Audiograbber (Rip Cd's [that you legally have]),

Quicktime, Realplayer etc all free

The only programs you mite want that are not free are -

Windows (Comes free on most computer),

Nero (Comes free with most burners),

Dreamweaver,

Photoshop,

Etc etc etc

I think most people have downloaded illegal software and music. I have.

I also think that the chance if being caught, although very low, is rising. And to be honest they have every right to catch you and make you pay, i mean it is there software/song right? My dad knows a few people that have been caught.

Just use an Anonymous Proxy Server (Y)