New Ashton!

holroyd-wanna-be

Been thinking bout the new ashton and think it looks dead nice so hopefully going to get one, Just wondering if anyone else is going to get one? Think it a nice change being black instead of the silver that everybike coming out now is and having the seat is another nice change from the seatless norm.

Cheers, Andy

Nah i meant the first white ashton mod. but nvm lol

The mod is around the same geo as the t-pro but like 5-10 mm longer and i assume the ashton 26" is 1035 wb, well i think it is :lol: .

if you are going for one i think the best deal will be to get one at airevalley if they have any left. :'(

Nah i meant the first white ashton mod. but nvm lol

The mod is around the same geo as the t-pro but like 5-10 mm longer and i assume the ashton 26" is 1035 wb, well i think it is  :( .

if you are going for one i think the best deal will be to get one at airevalley if they have any left.  :lol:

I thought the newer ones were going to be longer? :'(

That is longer isnt it the old ones were like 1015 werent they?

im sure i saw somewhere about the stock 1035/1045 wb.

But honestly try searching for the topic on here from a while back or on the net for a decent pic of the mod version please.

I found a real small un of the mod on trialsin.com and a big un of the stock on ashton bikes, but no information, me thinks they need to update their site a tad though.

I just hope these dont become as popular as the t-pro lol, i want a unique frame lol, however i dont think theres that many going to be sold and shipments every few months so get buying soon if you do want one.

Just seems unfortunate there are no details on geo etc and gonna have to gamble it if it rides nice etc which im sure it will as all the others have done :'(

Also external headset on the jstice 20" as apposed to many other internals which could be a good bonus for all the king headset lovers out there :lol:.

alot of people will be getting them i rekon.

Red and white with white seat.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Waynio.............

i can bloody taste it

they are very nice - saw ashton in bristol and he said he were getting in some with even higher bb's

they look about 1060 - pretty steep headtube looking as well - but clearly ashton loves it ..... 44" over a stick first go - I wet myself.

Andy is clearly talking about the new 26" Justice (which you'll probably have seen Martyn of Gav Bedford riding). As far as I've been told (by the aforementioned riders) it's 1060/65ish wheelbase with a slightly slacker head angle - either way, Gav reckons it rides really nice, and better than the old one. Sounds like a good idea to me - a frame for people who don't want something too short but don't want to go all the way to 1080+. Whatever, for those of you that haven't seen the alternative colour option, here it is...

ashton_white.jpg

BTW, are you getting one Wayne?

Andy is clearly talking about the new 26" Justice (which you'll probably have seen Martyn of Gav Bedford riding). As far as I've been told (by the aforementioned riders) it's 1060/65ish wheelbase with a slightly slacker head angle - either way, Gav reckons it rides really nice, and better than the old one. Sounds like a good idea to me - a frame for people who don't want something too short but don't want to go all the way to 1080+. Whatever, for those of you that haven't seen the alternative colour option, here it is...

ashton_white.jpg

BTW, are you getting one Wayne?

Do I spy with my little eye some revised gusseting between seat-stay/tube? Looks a bit different, from memory?

rode porthcawl last friday with gav, jon and ashton must say the black one ashton has looks much nicer than the red and white gav rides wb is around 1055 i think, im sure gav will post up some info and what he thinks of it in here if he sees this topic

Edited by dave33

I just hope these dont become as popular as the t-pro lol, i want a unique frame lol, however i dont think theres that many going to be sold and shipments every few months so get buying soon if you do want one.

Thats what I thought when I was buying my V24 in the 2nd week they'd come out! look at them now! :shifty: Ah well at least the crome finnish is still rare... ish.

The Ashton mod looks nice.

Andy is clearly talking about the new 26" Justice (which you'll probably have seen Martyn of Gav Bedford riding). As far as I've been told (by the aforementioned riders) it's 1060/65ish wheelbase with a slightly slacker head angle - either way, Gav reckons it rides really nice, and better than the old one. Sounds like a good idea to me - a frame for people who don't want something too short but don't want to go all the way to 1080+.

I know what you mean, thats why I ended up getting my 1070 woodman but its still pretty long. (well, that and the fact its not just a clone of some other bike like most trials bikes seem to be). ah well at least that ones stayed rare. :shifty:

From what i know they are £250 frame only. £500 full build with maguras etc.

1 size for each and 2 colours for each, my mate has a pair of the red/white ashton forks just got them in at the lbs and they look like a great improvement on the last with the unessacary for most 24" mounts. His have v and disc, but are also available in 4 bolt magura and disc.

hey guys,

Just noticed this topic!

Well frame length is 1060 and i just measured that to check!

It has a lower standover height,

Slacker head angle,

much Stronger around the bb area,

Allso stronger where the seat go's,

Allso rear end is a tiny bit shorter and im sure its 281,

Frame weight is pretty much the same as before which is cool!

Allso it rides awesome!

If theres any other questions let me no and il do my best to answer!

Thanks,

Gav.