My Zoo Python '04 In Black

Gazza

Hello comradz :blink:

I looked at my Zoo a couple of weeks ago and saw a lot of black stuff on it. I decided to have it painted in black.

There is a guy here in Moscow. He has professional factory facilities for painting.

The whole Frame+Fork thing cost me 15 pounds.

What do you think on the whole look of the bike after this modification?

PS: I'll be probably selling it in the end of July when I am in London.

Sorry for the law-quality pics. My 5mp camera is not around...

IMAGE_556.jpg

IMAGE_560.jpg

IMAGE_562.jpg

IMAGE_563.jpg

IMAGE_569.jpg

thank you for the comments.

And what's wrong with the TryAll? Monteys and Maxxis aren't in sale here in Russia.

Yes, the TryAlls are very soft and they don't roll well, but i carry my bike on the car roof and don't care about the rolling characteristics.

What else is wrong with that tire? Please tell me and I will by a monty or maxxis one if they are really better.

Having tried them all I just feel that Tryalls puncture more than the other two, I care a little aboutt he rolling charectoristics ofd the tyres aswell Ill admit that.

Out of al the tyres Monty are by far the best weight to grip to puncture to rolling ratio. There aslos cheaper than Tryall.

Just my opinion.

Also didnt realise your from Russia.

It has a nice stealth look. :blink:

There is nothing wrong with the tyres. The tread pattern is really grippy, and is an awesome tyre for natural :'( Maxxis tyres are also good, its just personal preference, into believing what tyres ride/grip best. I would try a Try-All tyre, its just they seem too expensive, sooo ill just get another Maxxis (Y)

Michael, I have also tried many tyres: Echo, all previous Monty models, Onza....even one from an mx motorbike (yes, it fit!).

The newer models aren't in stock and that's why i haven't tried them on yet.

And according to the punctures....erm...I am not a pro at all, but I have ridden mods for around 5 years and I used to have punctures when I did some hard stuff on the concrete obstacles...but having taught to ride softer I forgot about punctures on rear...I only have one or two a year.

I have sometimes punctures on the front when doing big gaps with pedal up...the speed is high and it hits badly sometimes. But it's a seldom thing for me now. Maybe because I am older now and don't do any experiments :blink:

I am buying a Monty in August and I will see how those Monty tyres feel.

As to the price...erm...yeah, they are expensive...but I prefer to spend a bit more and have less problems with bike in future.

Btw, tryall rear tyre costs 40 euros here, it's about 26 pounds. Dunno, maybe you have it more expensive in the UK....

Btw, tryall rear tyre costs 40 euros here, it's about 26 pounds. Dunno, maybe you have it more expensive in the UK....

i think theyre £30ish in the UK :blink:

But a pair of Maxxis Creepy Crawlers are only £25 :'(

Love the colour scheme of the bike - all in black... Although it looks a little too shiney for my liking, i know you cant change it, but i wonder what difference a matt black paint would look like...?

anyhoo, lurvely bike! £15 is a bloody good price!

:blink:

Oh, cheerz Lukio. We will discuss it :blink:

Thank you for the rack, but the bikes will be disassembled (wheels, forks, frames and bars separately). It takes a lot less space.

Oi, mate. I am off for packing the bikes.

It's as black as a black mans cape. :'("

Love it, very different.

Try-all tyres are considerd to be as good a creepy crawlers, just more expensive, and the back tyres is heavier.

But they do have good mud shedding proporties. :blink:

Blatantly, he did.

Anyway, bike looks nice. I'm not super keen on the Try-All rear tyres, but I know on the front they do a super good job...

To whoever mentionted that the tyres do OK for pros, don't you remember the big hissy fit between some comp riders when they realised that apparently the Try-All riders had been sliding and slipping on some rocks Maxxis rides were able to get up pretty easily?

Either way, I'm guessing someone will realise that wheter pro rider A can ride with X components, it doesn't mean shit...

But like I said, the bike looks way nice :blink:

Thats what I meant so whos it made by then

Its bought out by Deng, just cheaper versions of the zoo python, So that people in china can afford to buy them.

Anyway. lets not clot up this thread.

Btw Gazza, your bike looks nice :'( :blink:

Edited by trialsuk

Thank you for the comments, comradz!

I will try the other tyres when it's possible.

Corish, yes....the disk is opposite to the manufacturer's suggestions, but it's believed to stop the bike a bit softer when you put it this way.