Whos Had Fillings?

Davetrials

Ive got one tmoz and i think im going to cry, for those whove had em u no what its like for those who havent its awful needles scare me :)

Whos had one before?

Its not the needle that does it for, its the whole drilling into your tooth that is like, eurghhh. It just doesn't feel right having someone drill into your tooth.

Then, omgosh, the numbness after! You can't talk to save your life, and you dribble like a fanny with 5 fingers. Annoyingess to say the least!

Sorry, i'm probably not really helping here. :blink:

4 fillings and one root canal. Needles don't bother me at all never have. But the root canal was a bit boring, 35 minutes of drilling poking and putting steel rods in my tooth so it doesn't collapse. Heh don't worry about it. I never dribbled after being numbed up though, I just thought it was weird eating :blink:

Edited by MrMonkey

I've had about 7 but I've only got 2 at the moment though.

They fine you wont feel it. You'll sit in the chair and they will give you an injection then you have to go sit down for a while until it works (by which time you could punch yourself in the jaw and not feel it). The numbness makes your cheek feel really fat lol.

Anyway, sit back in the chair and the dentist will drill the hole bigger and the other person will mix up the filling. Then pop it in and wait, if you are having a white filling then they will set it with a blue light thing.

Youl also have the little mouth hoover thing which tastes like metal.

Theyre fine honest :blink: You'l come out still feeling numb and not being able to eat for an hour so remeber eat before.

Funnily enough I have to go to the dentists tomorow aswell :)

Sam

I have had some

The first one I can remember I didnt want to be injected so the dentist did it without any injection, he said if it hurt too much he would stop and inject but it didnt hurt that much...

The next time I had to have one done I went with the injection, it was definately the better option :blink:

i've had a fair few, and i really dreaded it everytime :S i don't like the needle being stuck into your gums :P but the worst bit is the drilling, the sound and vibrations more than anything :blink: one time, they didn't inject enough aneasthetic on my bottom jaw, they started to drill, and i felt the most painfull feeling i've ever felt in my life :P they had to inject me again, needless to say that's the last time i ever went to the dentists :)

Just don't bite through your tongue accidentally an hour later..... :">

haha i did that aswell, fillings aren't that bad, i was once told by the dentists rather fit assistant, that the further back they inject the less it hurts :blink: so right at the back wont hurt abit(didn't me) shame i had an operation and my 2 very front teeth removed, now that thrashed! lol

Tom

I had loads in my milk teeth, then my Dental Nurse Mother began showing me the Dentist equivilant to Nazi Propaganda of all these people missing teeth, huge holes in their gums and shit, now I look after my teeth properly...

Injections in the moth don't scare me, I have barely ever felt them, I don't even mind the drilling, it's the cotton roll things they plug your cheeks up with that get me, I hate the feeling of cotton wool plugs, just wrong...

Haz

Its not the needle that does it for, its the whole drilling into your tooth that is like, eurghhh. It just doesn't feel right having someone drill into your tooth.

No, it's the other way round for me. :blink:

I still have two of my baby teeth and i'm 18. :)

I've had 2 and i am terrified of needles,I asked them to do it without numbing it and he did,luckily he didn't have to drill deep ,if he'd have hit the nerve I'd have shot off that chair.

Just the thought of a needle makes me :)

You will be fine dave :blink:

Yeah my dentists assistant is megga hoot  :S" . The dentist isnt though, and I can never under stand what she is saying as she has a very strong indian accent  :P

Sam

My dentist is either indian, or gay, never understand a word, its like, im just goiung toooo poiut dis neeeedleey in your leeaft goooomeyr thingymabobledelt

Was the assistant fit?

:P

When i had me 2 front teeth removed and the others pulled down, they did it under local anastetic, and i had 4 relativly fit blondes sat round me askin me if i was ok, and telling me im brave :blink: preety cool thou, could see down all of thems tops :)

Hehehe

Cheers

Tom

Never had a filling... Although a while back someone took one of my front teeth out with a hockey stick. Needle in the upper gum was a fooking bitch as I was only about 11 at the time. :blink:

Then the half tooth was filled in with some kind of dentist glue and all good as new :). Gums at the back of my mouth were sore as though... Had to eat off them 'cause it was so painful to eat at the front before the op. :P

I've got one! A metal one... I had to have two injections, cos it was hiauge! They sent me out for a bit, to let the anaesthetic work...and then they sat me down in the chair, and started drilling...

I was shitting myself before, cos I hate needles as well, but it was actually okay. The drilling felt really awkward at first, but all you can feel is a bit of pressure in your mouth, and the sound is really wierd!

They do what they're gotta do, and then give you some mouthwash stuff to get all the excess pieces of metal out of your mouth.

You can't eat for a while, and your mouth feels funny as f**k! But its generally alright.

And JT...I'm coming up 15 and lost all of my baby teeth when I was 12. I've got my wisdom teeth!!

Ooo...and whatever you do, if you have a metal filling, don't bite into a KitKat foil wrapper, cos it sends this amazingly painful shock up through the filling! :blink:

Liss xxx

Ooo...and whatever you do, if you have a metal filling, don't bite into a KitKat foil wrapper, cos it sends this amazingly painful shock up through the filling! :turned:

I found this out with a cherry bakewell cake thing, I bit where I have a metal filling on the top and bottom, haha I fell on the floor and just lay there while I slowly died.