Grind Or No Grind ?

Swize

I've used the search but it did not bring up what I wanted .

If you don't like it don't post :turned: .

Ok to start,I've brought a new rim so have the opatuntie to run a clean rim. I don't want to use tar.

But reading along some people prefer plazmatis on a clean rim than something like koxx bloxx on a grind.

Then kind of brake i want is one that will hold me well but not make a noise like EEEERRRR whan you just touch the lever .

My rim is an onza ronnie if that matters ?

So what to go for?, a nice pair of koxx bloxx greens or browns on a harsh grind or plazmatic pads on a smooth (clean) rim ?

Cheers Sam (Y)

It's proving that someone actually has a clue about making and testing brake pads!

Plus, it wouldn't be feasible to construct such a machine for disc brakes only, I'm sure, a double-use would make a lot more sense...

Edit: Looks like Big Murdoch is only for discs at the moment. My first point still stands though.

I personally would go for the plaz's.

Ive been running mine on a grind now for atleast 9 months and they still have alot left :turned: !!!

I love them, Ive had a go on a mates bike which had koxx bloxx and they seemed ok...still prefered my plazzies though (Y)" .

I have tried them on a clean rim and them still were pretty good! Not as good as a grind but that would be expected really.

Plaz's on a grind!

Aaron.

at the minute im running the plaz on a slightly tarred ronnie, and there emmense!, easily as good as my freinds koxx brown on a grind, i have also tryed them on a totally clean rim, they where still amazing, but slipped every now and then.

My friend also ran the crms on a grind, and they just seemed to slip and generally not hold, just make an emmense noise.

My vote goes to plaz!

(have you considered the heatsink koinigs(sp?) meant to be amazing on a clean)

Tom

I would have to say koxx brown on harsh grind. Both the koxx and the plaz work very well when dry. I would say the plaz probaly bites better.

But in the wet the koxx actually locks and holds where as the plaz do not.

Smooth rim....ZOO! Pads....bit a tar.  :D

hold like, woooooowwwww yesss m8t!!!

ermm :turned: select (Y) ermmm, b*k*s.... (N)

Craig.

You could basically say:

Smooth rim....<Any pad name>....bit a tar. :P

hold like, woooooowwwww yesss m8t!!!

I've run CRM's with and without a grind and brown Koxx with a grind, I'd have to say the best would probably be CRM's with a grind. Koxx are definitely better for wet though, if that's a consideration. In my experience, the Plaz's seem to make more noise. My Bloxx also tended to make a whoosh sound, not all that solid sounding really. If you want a smooth rim, go with Zoo! pads, from what I've heard anyway.

Edited by Rodney