Need New V Brake Lever

chrishayton

hey all, i know this has probably been asked loads of times but im in need of a new vbrake lever for my avid disc brake, i want something with modulation adjustment, at the mo i have a avid sd 5 but i bent it and i bent it back but i dont think it ll hold for long, so yeh sugestions please

ta

chris

will also be helpful if some one has one for sale

Edited by chrishayton

hey all, i know this has probably been asked loads of times but im in need of a new vbrake lever for my avid disc brake, i want something with modulation adjustment, at the mo i have a avid sd 5 but i bent it and i bent it back but i dont think it ll hold for long, so yeh sugestions please

ta

chris

will also be helpful if some one has one for sale

avid sd7 or ultimate if you have the cash

I have a brand new avid SD 7. £10, posted tomorrow morning if you send via paypal tonight. (That's if you see this tonight)

Job's a gooden. :P

Edited by JT!

I never had any problems with my XTs. I ran them for 5 years until the bushing finally went (although I have kinda fixed it so might put them on the BMX). To be honest, the only difference between XT and XTR is the pimp factor, and maybe XTR will last longer. In terms of feel they are identical.

I had an XT and the bushing on the pivot fell out and it wobbled like a whore. That was after about 2 months. Bought an XTR and the feel is about 100 times nicer, more solid and powerful.

You can get them for 28quid (including postage)at alans bmx, with free lollies from so you might as well (Y)

James