My Cannondale Jekyll F700 14 Inch

koxx-boxx

Cannondale's are expensive, its just a fact.  Everything is made in their USA factory, the best clean welds in the industry, or so I believe.

Jonny.

yes they are very expensive for what they are. not amazing bikes. but look reasonable. The welds are just sanded down to look smooth. Or so i believe/told by a cannondale dealer. Yes i also believe thats a bad thing.

cheers

ben

Well you put up a link trying to show me my bike is worth 1600 brand new but when i had a look at the spec of that one i laughed, i have xt reat mech not scram i have lx front mech not a low range front shimano mech, and there more but whats the point i like it and i have the money.

As for ben lol, this bike is 3 years old only once to of been seen in chelmer cycles, and that was when they imported it in for my mate.

nah its defineatly not a £4500 bike. why dont you write out a spec and im sure someone will be bored enough to give you a price on it. but yeh not 4500 worth at all

We established that long ago....

they fill all the weld and smooth em down, nothing 'clean' about that welding, they could do a shite job with the welds but you'd never know. I've had a Cannondale and they're not that niceley finished round the welds anyway.

your mate got absolutely raped if he really did pay £4500 for one of THESE. <<<click

Even better model still way cheaper (second from left, top row) <<<click

Dan

Remember what happened to Pinnochio?...

We established that long ago....

oi you, did you read what i wrote, thats nothing like my one mine has xt not scram gears ok and i have eltronic lock out lefty not manual lock out. mine is a hell of a lot different to that look at the picture of mine on the first page then look at that one. half of you just dont have a clue do you ??. If you dont know about cannondale or about this bike dont write back saying you do ok.

Personally I think a smaller bike is much better! If this bike was in a large size like umm 20 inches or something then it would fell horrid! If its smaller its easier to chuck about etc! My mate had a specialized 14" and that was foking mint!!!

What I wanna know is why this hasnt been closed yet!? Not that I think it should be cus those bike threads are hummm (Y)"

oi you, did you read what i wrote, thats nothing like my one mine has xt not scram gears ok and i have eltronic lock out lefty not manual lock out. mine is a hell of a lot different to that look at the picture of mine on the first page then look at that one. half of you just dont have a clue do you ??. If you dont know about cannondale or about this bike dont write back saying you do ok.

stop it with the porkies allready!!! The difference between a Sram 7.0 and a Shimano XT derailleur is hardly £2,200. And it's not 'electronic' lock out, it's a little cable operated thumb shifter. GIMP.

Dan

The Sram 7.0 is a direct competitor with the XT mech., if you didn't know that.

It's a nice bike, as has been pointed out about 30740 times, it's not worth £4500.

It's also pretty small for what is an XC bike, you'll have to put the post right up to get decent pedaling efficiency, grrrrrreat...

stop it with the porkies allready!!! The difference between a Sram 7.0 and a Shimano XT derailleur is hardly £2,200. And it's not 'electronic' lock out, it's a little cable operated thumb shifter. GIMP.

Dan

It is ELO, Electronic Lockout. Yes, its cable activated, but it, in simple terms, reacts with a fluid in the fork that responds to electricity which stiffens all the moving parts causing lockout. I dont know how it works properly, but its something like that, and it is called Electronic Lockout ELO.

As for the small frame thing, fair enough if its for trials but if it doesnt have the reach necessary its going to feel cramped and make you sore riding XC.

Very nice xc/freeride steed you've got there. Its amazing how much bikes like that cost now, you can get a car cheaper. Downhill seems to be the most expensive discipline in mountain biking, last time i looked rockshox boxxer forks were £1000 and frames ie intense downhill were like £2000? :lol:

Very nice xc/freeride steed you've got there. Its amazing how much bikes like that cost now, you can get a car cheaper. Downhill seems to be the most expensive discipline in mountain biking, last time i looked rockshox boxxer forks were £1000 and frames ie intense downhill were like £2000? :lol:

Yeh, DH is one of the most expensive 'cos they have to be so strong, and have to have big travel, and pedal well too.

The Honda bike was stupidly expensive, with a carbon mainframe and a gearbox etc.

Intense M3's are more expensive that £2000, and you can get Foes/Carnutt sus. forks in the £2000 range too.

But yeh anyways, on topic hehe...

It is ELO, Electronic Lockout.  Yes, its cable activated, but it, in simple terms, reacts with a fluid in the fork that responds to electricity which stiffens all the moving parts causing lockout.  I dont know how it works properly, but its something like that, and it is called Electronic Lockout ELO.

As for the small frame thing, fair enough if its for trials but if it doesnt have the reach necessary its going to feel cramped and make you sore riding XC.

lmaaooo!!!!1111oneone nooo its not for trials, its just for the poser value, this guy has a fully pimped out koxx levelboss (king everything) but he doesnt ride it because trials hurts his back!

Ben

lmaaooo!!!!1111oneone nooo its not for trials, its just for the poser value, this guy has a fully pimped out koxx levelboss (king everything) but he doesnt ride it because trials hurts his back!

Ben

I never said it was for trials, I said if it was for trials its nice to have the bike short, but if you are using it for XC then if its not long enough it will give you cramp and get painful.