Night Jobs.. Where?

Corish

get a car (Y) if your gonna buy a scooter a de-restrict it illegally, you may as well just buy a car and drive that illegally instead? and you can shag in cars

You can shag anywhere. But its not asif I can get a lisense when I crash is it mate, when a crash on the scooter IF I crash I can restrict it can't I.

Most of the replies are utter WANK, haven't answers what I was looking for

Edited by Corish

Theres a lot more to deristricting a ped than a cap at the top of the carb (which is completely wrong)

First you have to take the restrictor out of the exhaust which is either a tube in the end can, a negative wave (extra pipe blocked off) or a cone on the end where it bolts onto the cylinder.

Then you need to re jet the carb which means you have to take the carb off, take it apart, clean it, replace the jets to either a larger size or smaller. (depends which bike)

Then you have to take the side case off, take off the flywheel and there will be a washer about 5mm wide under the drive belt, take that off and throw it away. Then you have to take off the pulley and replace the pulley weights with the right weight ones :P

Cap at the top of the carb (Y) haha

I know you've said that you'd rather not be told to get a push bike but a roadie is a damn good option. It'll be cheaper, legal, get you fit and, perhaps most importantly really won't be noticably slower than a 'ped. I ride the 5 miles to work in about 17 mins, a journey, which on a scooter pinned all the way would take 10. You've not said anything about travelling vast distances on this thing so I'm going to work on the theory that it's for hops of a similar length to the ones I've described.

I haven't mentioned that I use my Dad's old school tourer thingy yet either, I'm looking at getting myself a proper roadie (not an expensive one like, about £300-400 I reckon) and with that I reckon I could quite happily get my time to work at sub 15 minutes with a bit of practice. Everyone loves a man with nice thighs, you just can't lose.

Joe

I know you've said that you'd rather not be told to get a push bike but a roadie is a damn good option.  It'll be cheaper, legal, get you fit and, perhaps most importantly really won't be noticably slower than a 'ped.  I ride the 5 miles to work in about 17 mins, a journey, which on a scooter pinned all the way would take 10.  You've not said anything about travelling vast distances on this thing so I'm going to work on the theory that it's for hops of a similar length to the ones I've described.

I haven't mentioned that I use my Dad's old school tourer thingy yet either, I'm looking at getting myself a proper roadie (not an expensive one like, about £300-400 I reckon) and with that I reckon I could quite happily get my time to work at sub 15 minutes with a bit of practice.  Everyone loves a man with nice thighs, you just can't lose.

Joe

Look no offense I'm a young bright lad 16 year old, now would I sacrifise my self to embarressment and get a flippin' road bike? No, its about 7 mile away where I'm working, no way matey.

I'll get a speedfight2 i'll de-restrict it my self and my dad, and i've got a job, end of topic?

thankyou anyway

Theres a lot more to deristricting a ped than a cap at the top of the carb (which is completely wrong)

First you have to take the restrictor out of the exhaust which is either a tube in the end can, a negative wave (extra pipe blocked off) or a cone on the end where it bolts onto the cylinder.

Then you need to re jet the carb which means you have to take the carb off, take it apart, clean it, replace the jets to either a larger size or smaller. (depends which bike)

Then you have to take the side case off, take off the flywheel and there will be a washer about 5mm wide under the drive belt, take that off and throw it away. Then you have to take off the pulley and replace the pulley weights with the right weight ones :P

Cap at the top of the carb (Y)  haha

How much is all the parts to do that, I can do it myself etc but where and how much do I get parts (reasonable price place please)

thanks mate

corish

I know you've said that you'd rather not be told to get a push bike but a roadie is a damn good option.  It'll be cheaper, legal, get you fit and, perhaps most importantly really won't be noticably slower than a 'ped.  I ride the 5 miles to work in about 17 mins, a journey, which on a scooter pinned all the way would take 10.  You've not said anything about travelling vast distances on this thing so I'm going to work on the theory that it's for hops of a similar length to the ones I've described.

I haven't mentioned that I use my Dad's old school tourer thingy yet either, I'm looking at getting myself a proper roadie (not an expensive one like, about £300-400 I reckon) and with that I reckon I could quite happily get my time to work at sub 15 minutes with a bit of practice.  Everyone loves a man with nice thighs, you just can't lose.

Joe

Gah I'm sorry I forgot to do the quote, quote quote thing again, oh well. It doesn't matter that much its not life threatening now is it (Y)

Anyway, yeah I do understand where your coming from now, but I will be travveling far places, well not far places as such but not just to work. To my mums, to Mcdonalds if I fancy it and just to town and that for a ride and lots of other places etc, but thankyou anyway your part was much better than "Just get a bike you arse"

corish

You are a f**king tool.

What if you get done for speeding? If you derestrict your ped Surely you'll be able to go over 30.

What if you crash going over the limit and you claim it on insurance. what do you say when they asked how you were going so fast?

You are a f**king tool.

What if you get done for speeding? If you derestrict your ped Surely you'll be able to go over 30.

What if you crash going over the limit and you claim it on insurance. what do you say when they asked how you were going so fast?

Oh shut up mate and f**k off.

Did I come here to get critisized? No I didn't

One quick question does your cock touch your arse?

Edited by Corish

You dont have to do all the things i said there, it depends which bike you have. Your a lot better off getting a shop to do it as you have to cut the negative wave off, bend it over and weld it shut. You also need an air line with an impact gun to get the fly wheel off and dont forget to locktite the nut back on when you put the flywheel back on.

Getting the carb off on a speedfight is a piece of piss, its just behind the airbox so only takes a screwdriver and an 8mm socket.

Good luck (Y)

You dont have to do all the things i said there, it depends which bike you have. Your a lot better off getting a shop to do it as you have to cut the negative wave off, bend it over and weld it shut. You also need an air line with an impact gun to get the fly wheel off and dont forget to locktite the nut back on when you put the flywheel back on.

Getting the carb off on a speedfight is a piece of piss, its just behind the airbox so only takes a screwdriver and an 8mm socket.

Good luck :huh:

My dads a ver very good mechanic he knows what hes doing. Thanks alot anyway mate your a help at least :)

Do you 'have to' weld it shut too, isnt there any other ways?

Also: Why not just take the washer out of exhaust and the nut out of the carb? Won't that get it to 60mph?

Edited by Corish

No it wont. It needs to be set up right or it will run like a bag of shit. Ask for some info in a moped shop, im sure they will tell you exactly what to do.

A negative wave is basically an extra pipe coming off the exhaust that is about 6" long and blocked at the end, its there so that exhaust fumes are wasted making the bike go slower.

Again, you need to get the right size jet for the carb, i think theyre a .68 on a speedfight 2 :huh:

Look no offense I'm a young bright lad 16 year old, now would I sacrifise my self to embarressment and get a flippin' road bike? No, its about 7 mile away where I'm working, no way matey.

I'll get a speedfight2 i'll de-restrict it my self and my dad, and i've got a job, end of topic?

thankyou anyway

Its only embarrasing if your slow as f**k, which i'd imagine you will be :huh:

hmm, im sure the cap was all we took out of the last ped we fiddled with, then again it was some dodgy italian thing with gears and not much of an expansion chamber, so it probably didnt matter.

Fact is, you prang a de-restricted scooter, and the police turn up, the DSA will have your bollocks for breakfast, so you'll be back to riding on the bus again :)

Plus, i'd more MUCH more embarrassed to ride a scooter than a road bike...

But yeah, de-restricting is dumb-arse.

Invalidated insurance is fine until you hit someone and they can't claim to get there car fixed. Clever idea.

So your telling me insurance people will be on the spot checking the bike as soon as I crash. nah mate I'll be at home restricting the scooter up again, no problem :huh:

Thats you though innit, we all have our own little lives you might get embarressed on a scotter and not on a road bike, im different mate sorry but i am

Edited by Corish

No it wont. It needs to be set up right or it will run like a bag of shit. Ask for some info in a moped shop, im sure they will tell you exactly what to do.

A negative wave is basically an extra pipe coming off the exhaust that is about 6" long and blocked at the end, its there so that exhaust fumes are wasted making the bike go slower.

Again, you need to get the right size jet for the carb, i think theyre a .68 on a speedfight 2 :huh:

The company im getting the bike off said they will do it for me. So can it all be fully restricted again incase of insurance etc of i crash

so you prang it, end up unconcious, coppers get called, haul the ped in because its in the way, then have a good look around it, find its de restricted, and we're back to you getting your insurance and liscense revoked. Is it really worth it?

pfft hit the delete button admins cos BIYOP have I got alot of info from my questions

but no, unfortunately everyone just couldn't resist but to do the same damn thing, suggest suggest suggest when they no darn well I asked a specific question.

Some actaully answered though so no disrespect to them (Y)

Yeah nice one, you get advice from people telling you what a tool you're being and you respond with comments like

Oh shut up mate and f**k off.

Did I come here to get critisized? No I didn't

One quick question does your cock touch your arse?

I'll highlight this bit because its a good point

so you prang it, end up unconcious, coppers get called, haul the ped in because its in the way, then have a good look around it, find its de restricted, and we're back to you getting your insurance and liscense revoked. Is it really worth it?

If you like Peds, by all means get one, I don't like them but it's personal taste. But don't get it de-restricted, it's stupid. The parts on it aren't designed for it for starters, It doesn't have performance brakes to stop from 65 - 70, it's designed to stop from 30.

Saying if you crash you'll restrict it again is bollocks, you can't just get up after wiping out and take it home at "restrict" it. The cops will have a look and most probably it will get towed away.

But hey, it's "your" life, the guy that kills you because you hit him at 60 on a machine designed to do half that doesn't matter does he.

I'm not trying to argue, i'm trying to either save your life / save you from inury, and save your license / someone elses money.

I was in a smash on a moped. Cops don't take it away unless you pay them to.

To be honest you will need to get it derestricted, anyone who has owned a moped will know that 26mph and an acceleration time of running speed is just disgusting.

The brakes are sufficient and my scooter stopped a lot better than my mini does!

All this dont get it de-restricted is boll***s!

Every single person I know that has a ped has it de-restricted!

A moped is more dangerous if its restricted cus its so god damm slow!!

Mopeds are still slow as hell de-restricted, they will do like 60 but it takes a while to get there.

Yes you can get caught speading etc but they will never take your bike away and check it out simply because its to much hassle and costs them to much!

If you want get a ped then go ahead by all means, there a great way to get around instead of reling on local transport or your parents to get around. When you hit 16 it's like freedom because you have more responsability going out when you like to where you like!

I had a TZR 50, if you dont know what it looks like then google it, I had it derestricted straight away. I didnt even ask for it to be done but the local yamaha dealer said there absolutly hopeless restricted, you dont want to be slugging behind the traffic, your more then likely to get knocked off.

Get a ped and derestrict it mate!

Dont give me all this sh*t about you dont know what your talking about cus i've had a ped and now i've got a full bike licence and ride a CBR600.

Rob (Y)

I was in a smash on a moped. Cops don't take it away unless you pay them to.

To be honest you will need to get it derestricted, anyone who has owned a moped will know that 26mph and an acceleration time of running speed is just disgusting.

The brakes are sufficient and my scooter stopped a lot better than my mini does!

Thankyou very f**king much mate, everyone whos dissin me get a life you over exagurating twats. pricks, hate most of you your all the f**king same sad tossers who just ride a gay trials bike get a life