Exhaust Flange Gasket.

Koxx_TryAll

This is a bike forum. Go to a car spares shop and ask them, or make one yourself.

This is a topic in chit chat. So we are allowed to chat shat. :huh:

Places like Andrew Pages or your local Auto Spares store will have them if in doubt go to your local Halfords and ask about local suppliers. :lol: :lol:

This is a bike forum. Go to a car spares shop and ask them, or make one yourself.

No chance that you can make one mate because it will just manage to suck up air into the engine then i end up without a car. So i'd rarther have the part then reck my car! And this is chit chat btw. we can post what we want in here!

Anyway People Chears for your help. Got one now!

No chance that you can make one mate because it will just manage to suck up air into the engine then i end up without a car. So i'd rarther have the part then reck my car! And this is chit chat btw. we can post what we want in here!

Anyway People Chears for your help. Got one now!

pardon my french but how the f**k is an exhaust going to be able to SUCK air up through a tube that is blowing air out?

DAN

just use mastic you tard

im a mechnic a leaking exhaust is never gonna f**k your engine..............

my exhaust has about 50 holes in it where ive taken my CAT off and not welded it up properly........

most mechanics bullshit you just to get u to buy more and spedn more with them :)

im a mechnic a leaking exhaust is never gonna f**k your engine..............

my exhaust has about 50 holes in it where ive taken my CAT off and not welded it up properly........

most mechanics bullshit you just to get u to buy more and spedn more with them >_<

It will f**k your engine. When theres no gasket on the exhaust manifould it will f**k it!

excuse me but thta gasket looks a bit small for manifold.....

and even if it was a manifold you still wont f**k your engine.....

it might throw out a bit more gases at MOT time but itll be reet.

i ran my astra diesel without a manifold gasket to newcastle and back twice and drove round all week in it and never had any problems.......

its not gonna f**k your engine. even if there was no gasket in the inlet side your engine will still be fine.....

come on whats your next shite reply gonna be???

excuse me but thta gasket looks a bit small for manifold.....

and even if it was a manifold you still wont f**k your engine.....

it might throw out a bit more gases at MOT time but itll be reet.

i ran my astra diesel without a manifold gasket to newcastle and back twice and drove round all week in it and never had any problems.......

its not gonna f**k your engine. even if there was no gasket in the inlet side your engine will still be fine.....

come on whats your next shite reply gonna be???

It's going to be... Ive got one now so can you please shut up!

no i want to know exactly why you seem to think having no exhaust flange gasket will f**k your engine???????

A leak at the exhaust flange gasket is often caused by improper torquing. Too little torque and the connection loosens. Too much torque and the gasket will bow slightly — again allowing exhaust gases to leak. If left uncorrected, erosion of the aluminum cylinder head material will occur quite quickly. A loss of material amounting to only a few thousandths of an inch could be enough to make the cylinder unusable. Therefore, correcting the problem quickly is essential.

If the aluminum cylinder head material has already eroded as the result of an exhaust gas leak, repair is sometimes possible. This cannot be done by hand. Studs must be removed and the damaged surface refinished by use of a milling operation. No more than twenty thousandths of an inch may be removed. Should it be necessary to remove more than twenty thousandths of an inch to obtain a true surface, the cylinder should be replaced.

ok thank you >_<

You see. As i'm a mechanic aswell it seems i know alot more about it then you do.

Also theres more reasons.

As you increase revs you may get popping and perhaps in a darkened garage or at night a blue flame shooting out of a pipe on the front of the engine around the exhaust pipes. The flame if any will come from around the clamp. It may not have been assembled correctly at the Factory, or it might just have got tired.

It can also make it LOOK like a weeping head gasket, because of the spooge that comes out, so don’t go replacing your head Gasket Until you’re sure.!

Also, this junction is right below the temp sensor that turns on the fan. The hot air blowing out of there Can heat up the thermostat and fan sensor, turning the fan on prematurely. And when the fan comes on, it will blow the hot exhaust gasses on your leg.

Thank you

......eroded as the result of an exhaust gas leak, repair is sometimes possible. This cannot be done by hand. Studs must be removed and the damaged surface refinished by use of a milling operat........

yes, it can and has been done by hand, you just have to be a good jockey with tools :)