T-mag 05 Bashplate Mount Dent

1handedluke

:huh:  :lol:  :lol:

Looks really bad that mate!!

Should get on the phone to supercycles or where you got it from) and ask very nicly for a replacment!

Or ring onza directly and tell them they need to get these frames sorted out!!

What because he dented it :lol:

Well its happened to 2 diffrent T-mags.

In the same place, on the same bike.

So you not think its a defect in the frames?

I surly wouldnt like a T-mag frame, i would be to scared to even touch the bash cause it would bloooooooody dent!!! :huh: :lol:

Onza should try nand thicken the material up on that part of the frame...if they can?

Well its happened to 2 diffrent T-mags.

In the same place, on the same bike.

So you not think its a defect in the frames?

I surly wouldnt like a T-mag frame, i would be to scared to even touch the bash cause it would bloooooooody dent!!! :huh:  :lol:

Onza should try nand thicken the material up on that part of the frame...if they can?

Go and look at the frout bolt of your bash and you will see an extra peice of metal welded of the frame that the bolt then goes in to i think this gives it the strength and adsorbs some shock, But the tmag does not have that so all of the shock goes straight in to the frame and just rapes it !

Its all about how the the t-pro spreds the weight (bash force) over a bigger area meaning less force in one place ect ect .

Sam

Note to all tmag BIU riders use a freewheel bash :lol: .

Edited by samthebiker

Go and look at the frout bolt of your bash and you will see an extra peice of metal welded of the frame that the bolt then goes in to i think this gives it the strength and adsorbs some shock, But the tmag does not have that so all of the shock goes straight in to the frame and just rapes it !

Sam

Note to all tmag BIU riders use a freewheel bash  :huh: .

Ah i see, so it isnt the best of designs then?

Yes this is a poor design by onza, but the bash plate isnt there for smacking into walls! its for mess ups and when your tired in comps(i think?) so surely trying a 36" wall to bash will rape any frame/plate eventually!

Shame about the frame dude :huh: hope it dosent got through like the other dudes :lol:

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Tom Booth

Yeah I don't try "To Bashs" :P

I'm Abit pooped, considering that i havent really riden this that much, I never do bash tricks, i've only hit the bash by slipping on a backwheel etc. (Y)

I've only hit the downtube about 6 times, and 4 of them made dents, and im not a big or harsh rider, I can only backwheel about 4 crates.

Also I Saved up for this, and just after i got it, looks like im going to have splash out on another frame!

Luke

That bashplate downtube mount is a very silly design on the T-Mag, there should be some sort of gusset at least, such as the one found on the T-Pro, or better more, the one found on the T-Lite which I believe is a block of aluminium or something?

Anyway, as I have been told by someone, this IS a design defect, however, I seriously think it wouldn't hurt to run an Armourdillo or Carbonique and just use a bashring perhaps?

Thats what I do on my Python, and in my opinion it's a nicer option. I never really use my bashring for anything but as a last resort incase I slip. I'd hate to see 'third-wheel' riders aka bashplate riders ride these T-Mags (Y)..

Luke, if I were you just keep riding the frame, just use an armoudillo and a bashring, the bashring supplied on the 2005 Muscleman cranks?

I never do bash tricks, i've only hit the bash by slipping on a backwheel etc. (Y) 

I've only hit the downtube about 6 times, and 4 of them made dents, and im not a big or harsh rider, I can only backwheel about 4 crates.

Luke

Could someone show me a video of somebody trying to backwheel something, slipping and denting the downtube? Because I don't get it, I though your supposed to go more up then forward while "upping" something (suprisingly) and when you slip I just don't see how you can hit your downtube. I thought people only dented downtubes to rails, in frontwheel moves etc.

No need at all for a new frame; unless its cracked.

Take off the ski plate and get a frount freewheel bashring Either of the 1st 2.

Then if you want to splash out buy an amourdillo or get an old tyre and cut it up and then zip tie it to the frame.

Then all you problems with the ski plate sending force straight in to the frame and denting it.

And hopefullt the downtube protector should stop some of the dents that you have been getting!?

Sam

EDIT: I have just looked closer at the pic and ur running a frount freewheel bash, so jus take off the ski plate (Y)

Edited by samthebiker

sorry about your frame mate i did the same thing to my t-master (Y) . i rang up onza and the first thing they said wat type of riding was i doing and i said street and that why i smash it it a comp frame not for street. so if you buy don't think you gunna get any come back when you smash it or even crack it. SO NOT BUY ONZA !!!!

SO NOT BUY ONZA !!!!

Yeh lets not buy cheap, high quality frames from a nice company just cos they made one crap one, (that's sarcasm btw for the simpltons).

Everyone knows the t-mag sucks anyway, I could certainly tell it was lame from the get go. Onza won't admit it but it does have a serious floor and they can't expect to sell delicate frames to their average onza rider (harsh) and not get any repercussions.

I'm sure a rider who has been riding for a couple of years could quite happily ride that frame for a year with no obvious problems but even they would eventually dent it at that stupidly designed bashplate mount.

But Onza are still a good company, who have been trying different things both marketing wise and frame design wise recently. Sure the t-mag didn't quite work out from what i can see, but you can't slag off a whole company for one frame. The T-Rex is an awesome frame respected by some really really good riders, The t-pro is great and has helped many riders get started and the slinger and butler frames are looking like another great new idea helping push the sport.

They've even released a new brand so that the less well off riders can ride a frame similar to the python.

I'll agree on the T-mag 100%, that design is uber lame, but don't mouth off about not buying onza at all, cos you have no right to do so.

If you don't go to bash like a fat heffer, it's not necessarily a bad frame.

I can't remember the last time I went to bash after failing to get a back wheel (or at all?), simply because it happened that long ago. It's not hard to either get a foot out or just step off the back. Really, it isn't. Just buy a freewheel bashguard if you really want to twat into stuff with gay abandon. If you like the geometry of the frame, why ride something else* just because you can't twat your bash off stuff?

*Note: Un-acceptable answers include: Because it's long, because people will think I'm cool, because CLS does.

EDIT: Same goes for the downtube with me. I've scuffed mine on sketchy rocks riding natural and shit, but I can't ever really remember hitting it backwheeling something? Definitely not hard enough to dent the tits out of it.

If you don't go to bash like a fat heffer, it's not necessarily a bad frame.

I can't remember the last time I went to bash after failing to get a back wheel (or at all?), simply because it happened that long ago.  It's not hard to either get a foot out or just step off the back.  Really, it isn't.  Just buy a freewheel bashguard if you really want to twat into stuff with gay abandon.  If you like the geometry of the frame, why ride something else* just because you can't twat your bash off stuff?

*Note:  Un-acceptable answers include:  Because it's long, because people will think I'm cool, because CLS does.

EDIT:  Same goes for the downtube with me.  I've scuffed mine on sketchy rocks riding natural and shit, but I can't ever really remember hitting it backwheeling something?  Definitely not hard enough to dent the tits out of it.

If your steep and dont make it then your tyre slips off cumming down heavily on the bashy.

If your steep and dont make it then your tyre slips off cumming down heavily on the bashy.

Yeah, but when I'm too steep I just step off the back? Which is the point I was making - I've not hit my bashguard for a fair ol' while, and you know that I just backwheel shit all the time ;) On mod especially, it's just super easy to step off the back 'cos you know when it's going to shit, so you can pre-empt clattering the bash into the wall...

I get the feeling of deja vu. Wasn't a thread/argument like this posted a while ago about a dented t-pro down tube + squew iff bash plate bolts?

Breaking a frame and asking for a replacement is like eating a cake and asking for a replacement: Its not likely to happen

EDIT: Ahhh here we go again

Edited by PaRtZ

I get the feeling of deja vu. Wasn't a thread/argument like this posted a while ago about a dented t-pro down tube + squew iff bash plate bolts?

Breaking a frame and asking for a replacement is like eating a cake and asking for a replacement: Its not likely to happen

The other thread was a T-Mag too.

Anyway, with regards "Breaking a frame and asking for a replacement is like eating a cake and asking for a replacement: Its not likely to happen" - you're wrong.

It ISN'T like "eating a cake" at all. If a frame breaks, it'll either be manufacturing error (i.e. bad welding, faulty metal), design faults (i.e. not being gusseted enough, sketchy design in general) or just wear and tear. If it's one of the first two, it's the manufacturer's fault as they're putting the frame on the market. With the latter, it's the rider's fault, but that's why some companies such as Onza do the 2-year crash replacement scheme. So if he's raped this frame, he can at least try and claim on the crash replacement scheme, as that caters for frames that have suffered as a result of a 'crash' (such as falling to bash or whatever). It's up to them to decide whether utter rapage of a frame in a few rides is 'excessive' or whatever.

Either way, he can still phone them and see what they say. That's why they draw up warranties in the first place.