Le Parkour

pinky

NO.

And make trails turn out as mainstream as skateboarding has since that willy tonyhawk ruined the image? No thanks.

Whats wrong with mainstream?

More people on trials bikes? cheaper better bikes? More places to ride?

..I spose there the bad things that you think would happen...

Yeah but even if they did make a trials game, it would be like this Parkour game - nothing like the actual sport/discipline. I bet that 90% of the stuff in this new game will be completely stupid, impossible and gay!

Was talking to a load of mates who do Parkour a few months back when the game was first prototyped and they weren't fans! A lot of them being nerd kids who spend a lot of time at game screens and such...

As fun as a trials game would be, I think it would be so unreal to make it appeal to the general public that trials riders would disregard it straight away. Obviously a load of riders would get it, but it wouldn't be a fair representation of the sport in my opinion

Also, just think how complicated it would be to create a decent game based around trials. With all the different techniques and moves it would be so hard to do. It's not like on Tony Hawk's etc. where you ollie and from that you can pull flips, grabs, grinds etc.

To make it good with all the different trials moves there would be stupid combos of stuff to press or really shit gameplay, so...

Ha that game looks serouisly crap. It would lose its appeal after a week.

IMO i think freerunning in funny if i saw a full grown man jumping round on things like a kid id laught.

But then again maybe people think its funny when the see us lot hopping on are bck wheel (Y)

I give that a (Y)

Looks complete bollocks and won't capture the actual art of parkour, just make it look like a bunch of people who can run up buildings an jump off 100 ft walls etc, instead of what they actually do.

If it went to trials then that would be just stupid aswell :P (same as above basically)

It'll be great fun if you can make them jump off massive buildings though. Could have 2 player suicide competitions, most stylish death wins.

Apart from that looks reeeeeet bollocks to me.

And a trials game would be utterly pants to everyone except us and even then it'd be completely stupid

Why would it be so bad?

Because of course what people you don't know, have never met, and will never meet are doing is vitally important to you, and how other people you don't know, have never met and will never meet view you is crucial.

Oh wait, it's not. WAKE UP YOU f**kTARDS*.

*I don't mean JT!, I mean you other dozy c**ts. Whether a chav in Dover rides a trials bike doesn't mean shit to you, so get the f**k over it.

It's late at night, I'm irritable and tired.

EDIT: Watched the trailer. Question: How is people jumping "DEFYING GRAVITY"?

That game looks rubbish but my friend does free running so he'll get it and il see what it's really like.

Plus with the trials game it might not boost the numbers of people because there are always trials bikes on sale and people don't buy them cos they think they are weird maybe they would think the same with a game. But it would be hard to make.

And make trails turn out as mainstream as skateboarding has since that willy tonyhawk ruined the image? No thanks.

Ruined the image? When? You mean in 1989 when he apppeared in the movie 'Gleaming the Cube'? (back when you were still shitting yellow, my son).

Oh, you hadn't heard of that one? Because Tony Hawk's been knocking about since before you were born, sunshine.

I was never aware that taking part in a sport was all for the image. Damn, I gotta get me one o' them there skootboards so I can start lookin as cool as you!

Or are you just jealous that he's a success, in every sense be it financially or competitively, in what he's chosen to do and you're afraid you'll never match up to that?

Dan

Ruined the image? When? You mean in 1989 when he apppeared in the movie 'Gleaming the Cube'? (back when you were still shitting yellow, my son).

Oh, you hadn't heard of that one? Because Tony Hawk's been knocking about since before you were born, sunshine.

I was never aware that taking part in a sport was all for the image. Damn, I gotta get me one o' them there skootboards so I can start lookin as cool as you!

;) :P :-

I was thinking a similar thing when I read Chicky's post!

i will just be buying tony hawks:american wasteland - skateboarding, bmx and freerunning in one game, set in L.A

hell yeh, i've seen a few snippets on that.

do you know if it's kinda like an extreme sports version of GTA? cos thats the impression i got.

Just skate/bmx/run about doing what ever you want?

one for my new xbox 360 i recon. ;)