• 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81 - 90
    • 91 - 100
    • 101 +

Lie chest down with your arms out just over shoulder width apart

And our survey says, UH UH.

The closer your arms are together the more it works your triceps, the further apart the more it works your chest.

Anyways I can do about 40ish, but I do more weights but am starting to work in more press-ups/sit ups/pull ups and trying to lessen the amount I do weights.

My friend's a beast though, he does 35 one handed pressups per arm a night. Then falls to sleep in about 30 seconds.

Ooooo oooo, when I went to this break dancing thing to watch, while my friend was training this guy went on his hands and took his feet off the floor like balancing with his hands in a press up position but his feet off the floor and starting doing press ups. The frigging monster. Rawr, I would of gave him bum love if I could of took that power from him.

And our survey says, UH UH.

The closer your arms are together the more it works your triceps, the further apart the more it works your chest.

So what i said is still feasible though? Theres just different ways you can do it, i prefer to do it that way though it feels more comfortable :-

Normally about 100 pressups is pretty easy for me lol...quick warm up before a workout.

ooooooh you buff sex machine (Y)" (Y)

Edited by Bondy

i can do 86 in a row (before u all say bulls*it) its beacuse i also play ice hockey and have to work on my arm strength quite a lot

Nobodies going to say bullsh*t about that lol, quite realistic :-

And yes Tomm i can do them..but it really hurts the forearm you do it with. Puts too much pressure on it.

And yes Tomm i can do them..but it really hurts the forearm you do it with. Puts too much pressure on it.

When I tried them I found it hurt my wrist, and the joining inch or two of my forearm, but the rest was fine. Maybe I was doing it wrong, or maybe like everything else I am just too weak.

By the way I got halfway up and fell.

When I tried them I found it hurt my wrist, and the joining inch or two of my forearm, but the rest was fine. Maybe I was doing it wrong, or maybe like everything else I am just too weak.

By the way I got halfway up and fell.

Ye that's about where it hurts...really feels like it's going to snap :-

Much more of a chin up guy, I have a door frame bar. (Y) I'll get pumping with some pressups tonight though, then give you a figure, previous best was about 36 though. I'm also average at situps, I can do about 30 of them, before uber-cramp sets in.

Aye, have improved a little, I'm now on 40. Just checking everyone else does the two seconds to lift, 3 seconds to drop method? That's how I do 'em, meh, 'tever...

28 chin-ups, if you care, I normally do everything in sets of 20 though, then repeat 5 times. :-

Feel like I'm gonna collapse...

Edited by Haz

pull ups = gayness!

i broke my left arm when i was 12.. once it had healed i started to do weights to strengthen my arms.. However one small problem, i could never do as many with my left because it would hurt where it had broken. Resulting in my right arm being loads more muscly than my left. This really really really f**king annoys me especially with pull ups because one arm is fine while the other is dead only after doin 10. Same with press ups too it always dies first :- i would just do weights with my left arm but i really cant be bothered to just work one.

Wank with your left arm?

I can do as many as i can, (well intill i die!) at school, instead of doing shitty football, i just do fitness with a few mates. we have a few games to see who can do the most of eiach things.... i my mate can do 232 press ups intill he dies and cant lift his arms, i can do 64 chin-ups intill i die, a gizillian skips with a skipping rope, about 50 sit ups, i hate sit ups (Y)

Used to do Tae Kwondo aswell, which made me really fit and do loads of shit, USED TO have a 6 pack, then i quit and got fat (Y)

thats just off the top of my head!

my stanimer seams to be very high aswell, i can go to hours without getting tired, then when i get tired, i am VERY tired!!! lol

EDIT: just thought i would say im not lying either!

Edited by terror-error

There was this random street performer at the Victorian Festival (f**k me Mid Wales is all about the bling bling), who was just ridiculously strong. They had this ladder set at an angle, and he was walking up it on his hands, with someone standing on his feet (so he was vertical, feet up). He had this girl with him when he was doing this stuff, and he was just sooooooo strong. Doing those "feet off the floor" press ups one handed and stuff like that. Looked like a right fat b*****d, but he was just monster :-

11-20 i voted which is probly in the middle i can do.. might be more when i have loads of energy

i used to go to karate and did them all the time also riding, iv always seemed to be one of the stronger bulky girls :-

Haha i used to do karate.

6, just.

Just managed 81, bit disappointed really, thought I should be able to do 100+. I did a weights session last night though, maybe I'm still tired from that! :-

One-handed press-ups aren't too bad, not sure how many I can do in a row, but I can certainly do them. A lot of it's to do with getting your body position right so you're balanced, but yeah obviously you need a good strength/weight ratio as well.

Edited by Fuse

The best I ever did was 36, so I put that, although now it's only about 20 (Blame it on the knackered shoulder - I'm out of practise).  I bet half the people will lie and say they can do "about" 50 when they've never tried.  It's a lot harder than you think. 

If you're doing say, 30, the first 20 or so will feel really easy, and then by the time you get to 30 your arms will be dead...

Chin-ups are the man's game though  :P

Chin Uups are where its at, can only do 10 of each variation but that will increase as mymuscles increase and get used to it.