• 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81 - 90
    • 91 - 100
    • 101 +

ok so who has some weights here? you know just some relatively small ones like dumbells or something. Say you can do 40-50 push ups with your hands on the floor and it hurts after a while if you put the weights on the floor and put your hands on them to push up you could probably only do about half the amount because your body drops lower than usual and makes it much harder to push back up.

so you put weights on the floor like

chromfausthanteln_m.jpg

thats how you have the weights on the floor, then place your hands over the part you would normally grip to weight lift and start doing push ups.

its aches much more than the regular way (Y)

stu (Y)

Edited by The enchanted broomstick

I managed 40 in a test a gym were running in the local shopping centre.

I'm very impressed if anyone can do another twenty on top of this without a single pause!

Typically, when I was keeping fit for Judo, I'd do sets of 20 with a pause to recover, get the lactic acid out of the muscles. In this way with pauses it's possible to link together a few sets of 20 before fatigue kicks in, but doing them all in one is tough!

As people have said, then you can vary hand position and also prop you feet on the bed etc to work out in different ways.

I got a ring from the gym last night telling me I'd won temporary membership because I'd had the highest score in my age group (I'm 29) Just wondering whether to actually bother taking it up - I'm not really into gyms!

Steve

I got a ring from the gym last night telling me I'd won temporary membership because I'd had the highest score in my age group (I'm 29) Just wondering whether to actually bother taking it up - I'm not really into gyms!

You might aswell. Even if you only go once it's free. Just use some of the machines for a little bit or something (Y)

A push up should be done with hands shoulder width apart, under or behind (in the direction of your feet) where your shoulders are, and done slowly. Nose should touch the ground, bum should stay down, and arms shoudl not be fully estended at the top of the pressup. if they do, it gives you a slight bit of rest when your arms are locked.

i got 12...so i made it over the 11 -20 mark woo woo

I was wearing clothes at the time though so ill try it naked next time and see if that makes me lighter

it makes it easier.. as general rule of thumb go down till your penis touches the floor. The amount of effort you have to put in has a direct correlation between the size of your knob... FACT

Press ups are to be done slowly I can do 15 proper ones mor eif I rush but I do them slowly.

I can do more pull ups on a bar in all variations but then Ive been practising those.

I can also do a pull up, drop a bit and hold it at 90degrees then extend fully and then pull up again.

Ive started trying with my legs at right angles to my upper boidy and then doing pull ups and its bloody hard

I just did 50 without quite dying, reckon I could push out 4 or 5 more but I've not got the energy to try just yet.

As for people talking about the number of situps they can do I regularly do 80 without a pause, they're easier than pressups insofar as they're just pain management rather than your muscles physically being too weak to lift you. :)

Joe

I do 50 press-ups a night and then after that 50 pulls on some-thing that i have which trains your trapezium (sp) muscles which are the tops of your shoulders. (Y)  (Y)

Your trapizius goes half way down your back beween your shoulder blades. And it does not run on the tops of your shoulders, it runs across behind your shoulders, and then down your spine. :(

Your trapizius goes half way down your back beween your shoulder blades. And it does not run on the tops of your shoulders, it runs across behind your shoulders, and then down your spine. (Y)

From the front the part of your traps you see still sits ontop of your shoulders. (Y)

Barely though, my trapizius may not be the most developed of all my muscles (not that any of my muscles are reall developed (Y) ), bt even if it were, I can't say it would sit on top of my should, just behind it, even if you can see it. (Y)