War - Patriotism

MrMonkey

Would you Join the army in times of war?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Join the army in times of war?

• Yes, as soon as I could (Under 18)
    • Yes, as soon as I could (Over 18)
    • No, I'd wait for conscription (Under 18)
    • No, I'd wait for conscription (Over 18)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Under 18, No Ailment stopping you)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Under 18, Ailment stopping you)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Over 18, No Ailment stopping you)
    • No, I'd avoid it altogether (Over 18, Ailment stopping you)
    • Already in the army.

Conscription: "Simon, dump Trials-Shack, you are required by law to fight for us."

Ailment: "Sir, I can't join you 'cos I've got flat-foot/AIDS/I'm MrMonkey/etc."

I'd wait 'til conscription. I have no desire to fight in our army at all, so I'd rather not die in the process of doing so.

If I didn't have to, I wouldn't.

End of the world, and how do you know we wouldn't be forced? WW2, A-Bomb, Hiroshima, we were still forced to fight.

people were conscripted a while before the A-bomb was ready.

I'd be a medic, probably as and when needed.  F**k patriotism, I don't think I could shoot people just because they come from a different piece of land.  But I wouldn't mind fixing people up :S

So you'd fix people up knowing that when they're better they'd be going to kill people again?

That's like me saying "Nah, I'm not dropping a bomb and killing people, I'm a scientist, but I'll help make the bomb though.." :-

Dan

people were conscripted a while before the A-bomb was ready.

So you'd fix people up knowing that when they're better they'd be going to kill people again?

That's like me saying "Nah, I'm not dropping a bomb and killing people, I'm a scientist, but I'll help make the bomb though.." :-

Dan

Then start a peace prize to repent my sins...

Why fight for England? It's not worth shit anymore. If you're gonna fight for anything or anyone, do it for yourself, your friends and your family. That means moving abroad, not wasting blood and killing others.

I'll stay the hell away from any kind of fight if I can help it.

Why fight for England? It's not worth shit anymore. If you're gonna fight for anything or anyone, do it for yourself, your friends and your family. That means moving abroad, not wasting blood and killing others.

I'll stay the hell away from any kind of fight if I can help it.

Well that's what I meant, people in the country. I'd rahther the leader's of the country go fight too. But if they won't I'll do it for them. BRING BACK THE EMPIRE.

War isnt the same any more. Its not governed by the same rules, and the whole method of fighting has changed

Remember on Christmas when the fighting stopped and the English and Germans played football in no-mans land? Do you think that would happen in Iraq? I dont think so. Then people were fightinh against a country, now people are fighting to kill the person.

Anyway, war is fought in boardrooms, planning to send missles half way round the world. No close quarter fighting. No glory. The only hand to hand combat you'll get will be trying to cut up and eat the awful food.

Being blown up while on patrol by a parked car just isnt the way to go.

Sod war. It just ain't what it used to be.

The only way your going to get me in a war is as an innocent victim of some road bombing or what not! f**k fighting for this shit whole! Seriously, why would you fight for your country? It means f**k all...

It'd be kinda cool if war went like medievil with swords and maces, then I'd fight, honour and valour and all the jazz, not dirty bombs and chemical shite!

James