Are Chris Kings Any Good Or Are Hopes Better?

trialridertom

Look at how many people use King hubs now, also taking into account the price tag. If Hope's were better surely people would rather spend a third of the price and just get a Hope?..

To be honest, if you really need to be asking this question I suggest you just stick with a Hope hub for now.

Dan

i vote tht the hope xc/mono is the best out of hope and chris king. the reason for my answer is tht i feel safer thinking tht even if my mighty expensive chris king skips once it not only misses one engagement it misses a whole rotation of the freewheel, meaning tht if you happen to be on lets say a 11foot wall and it skips,you are basically dead or worse!!!lol...... also i found tht chris king rears even though the loud buzzing is kwl it actually does get annoying after a few weeks riding. also the main reason is the price!!!!!!!! £70/£80 :) :) ;) ......hope this helped you out,, Ross

i would have to say a hope xc enough engagements for gaps and that that dosent mean i would turn down a king but hope service your hubs for free its great, and i dont think my xc skipped when i had it my buld has but thats a bulb, go for a mono or a xc mate unless you want a lil sticker saying chris king wow!

what a stupid question, first thing Hopes are cheaper! a Hope Bulb is perfect engagement for 26. Kings are for quality and Engagement, there American hand made etc so more expensive. if you have money invest in King but id say Bulb. if you ride 20 you cant have Hope anyways only front hubs

For mod - profile hub all the way, absolutely perfect, so easy to service and great engagement with no skipping whatsoever if you set it up right.

I've got a king on my 26 though and its pretty awesome, great engagement and reliable. I wouldnt buy one new though to be honest.....