Crc Trials Wheel

random

Yeah, but you get a ceramic rim for that price as well. I've not looked which rim it is, but last I knew...ceramic rims were pushing £50 odd.

Yeah, it's a EX 721/ D521 whatever ceramic rim, and they seemed to have knocked the price up to £64.99 on crc, that's half the cost of the wheel gone on the rim alone....

i think the rim is a great idea, i had a gt hadley rear hub for a while and it was quite good, but the rim yes thats is a great idea, i hear it is a replica of the mavic deemaxx downhill wheel which is the strongest whell around.

fat-jake i love to eat the pie, and drink the redbull yesssss

Sox mate i have used one of these. they came as std rear hubs on all 1998 GT LTS 2000DS and above built into X221 rims with ACI sliver spokes. I had 3 of them and all failed and didn't last long.

So correct me mate but i have had 3 had the use oif 3 and had all 3 die on me and speak form personal experince.

Screw you

Sox mate i have used one of these. they came as std rear hubs on all 1998 GT LTS 2000DS and above built into X221 rims with ACI sliver spokes. I had 3 of them and all failed and didn't last long.

So correct me mate but i have had 3 had the use oif 3 and had all 3 die on me and speak form personal experince.

Screw you

Alas, it didn't kill you though, which is the claim you're making.

Jon

So this GT/hadly hub is physicly going to kill you...think logicly about it..oo whait no non of you lot on here can. Sorry my mistake.

Rididng trials on this hub no matter how good you are it will die and more than likely when your doing a power move and you ending up on your ass with bike on top..not thats probs such a bad things beings you seam to be an odsured waist of space currently.

So John boy get it right.

Mate, you are the one who said It killed you. Mine only skips when I'm riding along, not trials usage. Which I find weird, why would It do this, can anyone explain? Even then It rarely skips anyways.

ash.

Generally a hub skips when the pawl hasn't engaged properly (obviously) but when doing trials we usually reset our pedals and then engage the pawls before putting any real power through the hub.

When riding along the engagement points are be constantly moving so when you go to pedal to increase speed one or all of the pawls may not be fully engaged when power is put through the hub. This cause the pawls to miss engage and slip.

My hope will skip now and then whilst riding along but rarely if ever while doing "trials" on it.

hope that made sense....

Dan

Oh and to the thread starter. Don't start having a go at people. The thread should have been a warning about your experiance with the GT hubs and the fact CRC are now using them for a "trials" wheel. Not that they are going to kill you which lets face it, is pretty unlikely.

So this GT/hadly hub is physicly going to kill you...think logicly about it..oo whait no non of you lot on here can. Sorry my mistake.

Thats the claim YOU made, none of us changed what you said.

Edited by dan_brisa

Dude dude dude, the hub is not amazing for trials what so ever but good for early riders namely 1st timers.

All i'm saying a si have in other post is that you lots are twisting my words and setting facts right.

Like a Pashley that will kill you a sdid nearly one other rider and many others when there brake boss came off the frame due to the poor weleding on them.

Figure of speach i'd say is what i was saying not a full meaning and anyone to belive it will kill you well you really are dumb then

hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm i really dont no its tempting but i have a t-rex and wouldnt i need a wider rim ive got a alex dx22 waiting to be built up, either a hadley hub or the pro 2

dont be so silly rick remember steves hadleigh hub? Death within days? the hub in my garage unmendable, go for the pro 2, or stop being a tart and use ur hub lol. It works dosnt it!!!!! speak to u soon.

My hub has been alright, Had 3 in a year and nine months though. Hub on it's own is 30 odd quid and I always thought it had 36ep?

ash's hub does seem to have quite nice engagement but sometimes it decides to skip alot.

it seems to go through phases of being really good and then skipping alot

they are great hubs for the price.

for £32.50 they have great engagement for the money but they seem to go quite quickly :P

Mine only skips when I'm riding along, not trials usage. Even then It rarely skips anyways.

thats not entirely true as it goes through phases of skipping loads and ash gets angry, but then it also goes through stages of being perfect :huh:

overall they are good for the fact that they are only £32.50 but they do not entirely withstand trials usage

as ash has shown since he has been through 3 in quite a short space of time

Tom

Edited by T-Limburn