What Crank Should I Buy

sam mx

Hey man,

Your post is not totally clear in what you mean, stick with what the frame or cranks?

If your looking at getting good cranks for trrials, I would say Middleburn RS7's. They look beautiful there solid. Yeah I know there a bit much if your skint. But cheap cranks may lasta year but cos 50 quid, middleburns are a 100 quid ish but last for years, mine are 5 years old now and still solid.

H

Correct me if i'm wrong but you can't run the t-bird cranks with the t-pro frame as the 22t cog / bashring on the front dosn't fit over the bashplate on the t-pro. So you have to get some new cranks.

If your sticking to square taper, go for the echos. :rolleyes:

:S

get yourself some echo cranks the brand new ones that havent been relesed yet. They will be out shortly in october. But if u dont want them get the zoo cranks, there not the lightest of cranks but they sure are the strongest of cranks! :P

or if you dnt want to pay alot then get some monty cranks, there not the strongest of cranks but they are cheap!!

hope ive helped

:P

cleanbikes

select bikes

oh yeh i forgot depending on the crank you might have to buy a new bottom bracket!!!! :rolleyes:

Don't get tennsiles there snap happy, also have a nick name of deth spanners :S .

Ime now running the 05 echo cranks they seam to be nice and at a good price, id reccomend them <_<

They're defo the toughest mod cranks out there, hate to think what the echo/zoo's are like if the tensiles are snap happy

I dont no what he means by snap happy the crazy fool, the tensile's are the ultimate trials cranks on the market forget the cho or zoo go and thrash a bit of cash and get urself your t-pro frame and get yourself some tensiles and a nice koxx try-all isis bottombracket to go with it.

www.freewebs.com/26biketrials

dankearns13@hotmail.co.uk

cheers!!!!

dan!!!!!!

They're defo the toughest mod cranks out there, hate to think what the echo/zoo's are like if the tensiles are snap happy

Ime sorry but if tennsiles snap when your taking the freewheel off then personaly i wouldunt trust them.

Ime not harsh on the cranks at all nor am i heavy there where also about a yr old i would after that prefer to ride with a block as wood with my crank arm compaired to them.

I would say middleburn mod cranks are alot better than tennsiles.

Sam

PS: Ime not having ago just putting over my opinion :o

I dont no what he means by snap happy the crazy fool, the tensile's are the ultimate trials cranks on the market forget the cho or zoo go and thrash a bit of cash and get urself your t-pro frame and get yourself some tensiles and a nice koxx try-all isis bottombracket to go with it.

www.freewebs.com/26biketrials

dankearns13@hotmail.co.uk

cheers!!!!

dan!!!!!!

yerrrrrrrrr why not buy a block of cheese it the same strength :S

Middleburns out do tennsiles anyday

As for the koxx bb I would rather chuck my money in the drain then buying one after a mate brought 2 and they bouth lasted a week <_< .

Truvativ bb and middleburn cranks not koxx and tennsiles.

Edited by samthebiker

Matt speaketh the truth.

Getting the gear ratio sorted on a mod is pretty damn useful, really. You want a lot of power, but you don't want it to be hard to pedal. By running longer cranks, and the same 18:12 ratio, you get all of the power of 18:12, but it feels 'easier', meaning you can put the power down harder and faster. It makes it way nicer for power moves like ups and sidehops, and it's really nice for gaps too 'cos you can get some hench power down ;)

So yeah, try and get either 170 or 175mm crank arms, they're well worth it :sick:

Matt speaketh the truth.

Getting the gear ratio sorted on a mod is pretty damn useful, really. You want a lot of power, but you don't want it to be hard to pedal. By running longer cranks, and the same 18:12 ratio, you get all of the power of 18:12, but it feels 'easier', meaning you can put the power down harder and faster. It makes it way nicer for power moves like ups and sidehops, and it's really nice for gaps too 'cos you can get some hench power down ;)

So yeah, try and get either 170 or 175mm crank arms, they're well worth it :sick:

You are making me want some new cranks now lol! What long cranks are out there that accept 18t screw on cogs?

;)

get yourself some echo cranks the brand new ones that havent been relesed yet. They will be out shortly in october. But if u dont want them get the zoo cranks, there not the lightest of cranks but they sure are the strongest of cranks! :-

or if you dnt want to pay alot then get some monty cranks, there not the strongest of cranks but they are cheap!!

hope ive helped

:(

cleanbikes

select bikes

oh yeh i forgot depending on the crank you might have to buy a new bottom bracket!!!! :sick:

yeh zoo cranks arent strong actually, the isis taper on my mates went inlike 2 month and just wobbled. the material they are made from isnt great, quite soft.

just get tensiles, my havent snapped and i do some big stuff so people like danny butler and bensilinger you them too and have no problems

echo, tensile, megamo(if you can find some), zoo, bt i think, onza and ermmm yeah few others not worth mentioning probably

all have screw on mounts

echo=best for sqr taper

tensile=best for isis

Cheeers tensiles for me then order them on monday :sick: get another free t-shirt from tarty bikes ;)

anyone want some monty x-lite cranks isis with 18t fixed cog £35 :-

Edited by Nick Dale