Wide Mavic Rims

Phatmike

£53 :S

Mike you should have just got a Sunn Doublewide, now thats a strong rim and you can get wicked grinds on them to. Just don't drill them to hell! Ali C did and his died :)

Cant really blame Mike for trying or Ali C for that matter. We never know, it might have worked out awesomely, but I think at the end of the day it probably isn't worth the hastle for most riders.

What we really need is somone on the inside of mavic who can accidentally set the machine to make 521s aboiut 40 something mm wide, amvic woulsd realise they are rejects and sell them off cheap.......... Or to set the machine to make 24" 521s, that would be cool.

• 5 weeks later...

What we really need is somone on the inside of mavic who can accidentally set the machine to make 521s aboiut 40 something mm wide, amvic woulsd realise they are rejects and sell them off cheap.......... Or to set the machine to make 24" 521s, that would be cool.

a man with a plan :P

Cant really blame Mike for trying or Ali C for that matter. We never know, it might have worked out awesomely, but I think at the end of the day it probably isn't worth the hastle for most riders.

or just get mavic to make there XY rim again :P 36H 32mm wide, light, strong, 24"

i can't quite work out where you put the innertube...you only have one?

which side do you put it?

very cool...

adam

I'm quessing you could put two inner tubes in, meaning that if one punctured, the other may be enough to ride your bike home ,or carry on riding.

Might not be as simple as that though

Ignoring my previous post B)

Hermance/Beleay etc... Take thier koxx rims to Hella big stuff and they cope! ALso Ive never heard hermance's brake squeling like a pig before, only the swooosh. Perhaps technique>brake :-

wil.

You hear the squel but its not as violent as some of the ones I hear in most the Brit vids, You know what I am talking about!

And yes, they probably do have a untapped res of built wheels for them. Their pros, I cant imagine they go through THAT many, Hermance and Beleay arent exactly heavy are they now :-

EDIT/ Id imagine that if any of us rode for 6hours+ a day, most days if not everyday we would go through a hella lot more rims than we do!

Edited by will

WOW! i only just found this topic (better late than never!) and im amazed someone has had the balls to actually try and use this 2rimmed wheel idea. i remember people discussing it ages back . . .. didnt think it were possible, let alone "a good rim"!?

it all seems tip top. But what abotu the inner tube(s)?? 1? 2? and in any case.... surely pinches are more likely due to there being 3 (notso)side walls. Surely the middle join will take every impact and 9/10 pinch everytime?? Have you had a pinches with it? You say about the bolts being covered.... but that doesnt answer my theory........

top stuff :) - andy