Overcoming Your Fear

lankyri

This one might seem wimp like guys,but the first time i tried to manual,i badly over rotated and landed on my knees and then my chest whilst still holding the bars lol,now when i try to manual,just as i get to the balancing point my brain replays my first attempt and i just can't seem to get past it.Don't even try them much now and i realy want to get them dialed.

I think i need councelling lol!

Mike. (Y)

my fear is snapping my chain stays (again) i did it to two mission frames in two weeks and i realy lost all my confidence (and money) replacing them :D even now i check them if hear ANY squeak and clanking noises from my bike but hopefully my new zona will instill my confidence again (Y)

im scared of heights too, get too the edge on the back wheel and my brain says nope, no your not!! dunno its weird i used to ride dh and had no probs ridin 15 foot drops then, its the whole bein balanced with you wheel over the edge. i guess its the hesitation before u drop.

Edited by curly_freak

You cant fear things because if you dont know how much its going to hurt if you dont do it again then your never going to get a balenced opinion of how much it hurt last time! just over ride the fears in your mind force yourself too

im scared of drops but my biggest is 7ft but im not really into drops nor reate my riding ability on them. i dont shit myself doing much as ill only try somthing if i have the confidence to pull it it off if i have any doubts ill normally not balls it up but i dont fall much but i always wear my shinpads

Say there's a small ledge infront of me..1ft or so, then on the toher side theres a 3ft drop..i'm scared to do those sort of things from past experiences..

Basically..backwheel slipped, fell forward..faceplant..nose breakage

iam afraid of big drops getting up to the drop then lifting the front wheel up and balancing on the rear and scared of just not being able to balance on the edge and just bailing or even worst hitting my head on the ledge when i fall off

has anyone got any tips for balancing on the edge just before you drop of please please i need the tips now!!!!

(Y)

cheers sam yea i landed it 3rd and 4th time, rick stood in front of me an i messed it up royally scared the back of my leg with my pedal but was well funny was laughing about it within 30 seconds a classic moment lol

And just a quick question did i ride with you 1ce sam you were on a black..... pure maybe in london, with a street rider? with ross black BT, ian and ben???

Edited by pissin_on_the_fence