Best Street-trials Frame

Vasil

Hello guys...

Due the fact that in my country are 3 street trials riders(me too) and we are in different cities i would like to start a discussion about street trials frames who of you use with suspension? who of you with rigid? what style?Who what consider good frame for such a style?wheelbase?

chainstay length?and parts also?

I would like to hear opinions about these things...so if you are seek from long bikes come on...(N)

Edited by Vasil

Great bikes...I love these giants

I have a magellan tucana 2003 model with a suspension...:ermm: a bit heavier but i think can't get back to rigid cus this is so comfortable for my arms...anyway my seat is heavy :- but will be changed...

What you think what bar height is good with a 189 cm height with what u still can pedal up and don't kills your back?

Edited by Vasil

Streety trials calls for short bikes , something which is being largely overlooked by the Koxx s and Coustelliers

of this world . As Butcha87 suggested , Leeson and Pashley are producing some very good frames ideally suited to street / trials . As for me , I'll stick with my short , flickable Base TA26 .

gallery_3439_423_107985.jpg

giant giant giant...... :P

I'm riding mine with suspension at the mo, and its great!! if you click the ling in my sig, theres an older pic of it, but i shall try and upload the current look of it asap.....

i think if i were to replace it, i was thinking of a norco, but the avalability (sp!) is crap and they are a bit £££.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again

I thinked hard about getting back to rigid but i felt rigid a bit tooooooooo rigid at bunny hops...also the end of bike was maybe too low...but some move was better with it.I think i buy a lower stem to get a lower end and anyway i'm tall so do not need so low one...and with susp is fun.Mine sux at winter cus the elastomer gets hard and works really bad (Y)

Anybody has pic about the marzocchi ryan leech replica???

the 05 koxx levelboss!!!!!cos its had the geometry tweaked to be a street machine aswell as a comp orientated frame. if i was to ever have 2 bikes on the goo ne for street and one for natty it would deffo have to be a levelboss 1065 on the street!!!!! its just so flickable and it bunnyhops just aswell as all the "short" street frames your all posting about...............

comp has to be a belaey though...............there schweeeeeeeeeeeeet, feel similar to the levelboss yet a tad lighter.

Waynio.........................

the thing you want to look at from a street point of view is strength and durability......and the levelboss has both of those with alot more features to it. there wont be many IF any a all broken, i couldnt break my levelboss 1065 and i was actually at one stage pushing the boundaries of my riding as far as possible and everything around the frame broke apart from the frame itself!!!!! 2 pairs of fatty forks!!!!! a few brake levers, a few mechs, a few chains, a bent pair of cranks B) and the frame was still orite B)

now it is just laughable!!!! (Y) B)

On the topic of street riding, can most mods like T-Pros, Pythons, Teams, etc. of a reasonably longish wheelbase (of over 1000 at least) be good for street riding in terms of BMX style stuff such as manuals, rolling 360 bunnyhops, and other such flatland manouevres I see people pull off on 26" such as squeakers, and continuous G-turns?

Just wondering if it is possible, would be fun to manual my Python if it were very possible (the front end is too bloody hard to lift up to position without a pedal stroke!). (Y)

On the topic of street riding, can most mods like T-Pros, Pythons, Teams, etc. of a reasonably longish wheelbase (of over 1000 at least) be good for street riding in terms of BMX style stuff such as manuals, rolling 360 bunnyhops, and other such flatland manouevres I see people pull off on 26" such as squeakers, and continuous G-turns?

Just wondering if it is possible, would be fun to manual my Python if it were very possible (the front end is too bloody hard to lift up to position without a pedal stroke!). (Y)

I got a 1040 zona zip and Im RUBBISH at pulling bikes up to backwheel, yet with zoo stem and onza carbon bars (even lower than the zoo bars), I can manual this thing piss easily. It would probably be a bit harder on the zoo though, ive got 370mm stays and the zoo has 375 I think, but that extra 5mm actually makes a surprising difference.

But the answer is yes, they are definately street-able! I can do 360 rolling hops using a pedalstroke, nosehop for ages, but Im finding it very hard to squeaker, and no chance of me pulling a G-turn!

I got a 1040 zona zip and Im RUBBISH at pulling bikes up to backwheel, yet with zoo stem and onza carbon bars (even lower than the zoo bars), I can manual this thing piss easily. It would probably be a bit harder on the zoo though, ive got 370mm stays and the zoo has 375 I think, but that extra 5mm actually makes a surprising difference.

But the answer is yes, they are definately street-able! I can do 360 rolling hops using a pedalstroke, nosehop for ages, but Im finding it very hard to squeaker, and no chance of me pulling a G-turn!

I've got the Yao Zhi Python which has 360mm chainstays, this is supposed to make the thing lift up easier isn't it? Well, I'm using a Zoo bar and Echo Team stem, yet, compared to a BMX, lifting to a manual is very annoying, as the front end of my Python sort of doesn't want to keep goign backwards, even though I pull back really hard with arms and body, leaning back. Maybe there's a slightly different method for pulling mods up to manuals, than on BMXs? (Y)