Should I?

Rich J

hey iv been riding dirt for the last couple of years or so and am becoming slightly bored. really im just wondering what trials is all about. seen some people in my area doing it at it looks amazing but quite difficult. just wondering really if anybody could give me some advice on whether its worth starting or not and how easy some of the stuff is to learn. thanks

Well the learning bit for me was resiably easy I'm not brilliant but I can do basics like 5ft gaps 6ft drops and I've been going for 3months bout not really that long but around like without all my long term breaks injured or broken stuff.

But if you can afford a decent bike second hand mod which is 20 " or a stock 26" .

They are quite expensive best mod for the price and begginer is aN onza t-pro and stock I think t-rex. But definately worth starting up nd where are you from . It's a friendly enviroment.

toby

Well the learning bit for me was resiably easy I'm not brilliant but I can do basics like 5ft gaps 6ft drops and I've been going for 3months bout not really that long but around like without all my long term breaks injured or broken stuff.

But if you can afford a decent bike second hand mod which is 20 " or a stock 26" .

They are quite expensive best mod for the price and begginer is aN onza t-pro and stock I think t-rex. But definately worth starting up nd where are you from . It's a friendly enviroment.

toby

why hasnt this guy been validated yet???

hey iv been riding dirt for the last couple of years or so and am becoming slightly bored. really im just wondering what trials is all about. seen some people in my area doing it at it looks amazing but quite difficult. just wondering really if anybody could give me some advice on whether its worth starting or not and how easy some of the stuff is to learn. thanks

:$ yes i think you should it may take you a couple of years to master most of it but its really rewarding when you get good

Because of previous actions, he used to be quite arrogant and very argumentative in an insult flinging kind of way whereas now he seems fine :P

quite a few new members havent been validated.

Five foot gaps? three months?

Nice.

Whereas this tosser shouldn't be validated.

Anyways, you should go on a ride to Wantage, ask some people to have a go on their bikes maybe, see if you can get the feel for it. It isn't a jump in and go sport really. You have to work a bit at first like emery said, first few months are slow but then you sort of get on a massively steep learning curve and hit something with a slightly more comfortable angle :P

Because he writes like a two year old.

If you do try and get into trials a bit more, don't expect miracles to happen with your riding ability. It takes alot of time and effort (and hopefully fun) to get really good. Find some local riders to go out with and hopefully that will keep you motivated.

x Dani x

If you do try and get into trials a bit more, don't expect miracles to happen with your riding ability. It takes alot of time and effort (and hopefully fun) to get really good. Find some local riders to go out with and hopefully that will keep you motivated.

Well said! :P

I think you should just buy a mod, go out riding, and if you dont like it... sell the bike... easy as, thats what i done... i loved it though and never stopped! lol

glad your starting trials mate

if you want a stock trust me get the t-rex its super strong and it rides amazingly im 6.5ft and its nice on the back wheel and lovely to gap, t-pros are rubbish ive heard about so many people snapping them frames (the ferret has snapped or cracked the t-vee, t-pro and now apparently the t-rex (Y) )

Yeah id say start riding now then come summer you'll be well good if you sticked it out through the winter.

I first saw trials riding some time around 1999-2000 had a little play on my bike but for some reason(cant quite remember why) i didnt follow it on, But ive got a job now and thought id give it a real go, Ive been riding scince June and im quite good.

Edited by wayneone

Does

toby

Looks like a bunch of incoherent nonsense to me...

1st of all he dosn't.

2nd of all: shut up dan your a bloke. well. i only just found out anyway :lol:

lmao couldnt agree with you more (Y) emo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that girl who ever she is in the pic is rank

dan thats a bit ott lol

Edited by alex!beastytrials