Random Question... Who On Tf Works In A Bike Shop?

street trials rider

just thought i'd see how many TF followers actually work in a bike shop... (Y)

i work in Halfords, stockton-on-tees (store 784) as their bike mechanic

anyone else?

*EDIT* tally counter :) Halfords staff on TF (that have posted) = 17+ @ 27/10/05

Edited by street trials rider

Most of my adult life has been spent working as a bicycle technician . Since I moved back to to Holland 4 years ago , I've been working for various bike shops / manufacturers , but the dream ticket would be a trials -specific shop , the chances of this happening in Holland however , are 0.000002 % .

I'm certain that most serious trials riders have pretty impressive technical insight , as many " proper" bike shops , good with conventional bicycles will still look strangely at our saddleless , Singlespeed bikes . It's a great line of business to be in , unfortunately it doesn't mean that my bike is adorned with Chris King / Middleburn etc .

Yet... (Y)

Edited by Endohopper

anyone else on the Halfords forums, add me if you want (all registered now) name is: J_J

thanks for the link dan :)

i'm on (well supposed to be) 25 hours a week @ £5 a hour but i havent worked a 25 hour week since i started (bout 3 month ago).... getting asked to work overtime everyweek, why doesn't the deputy manager just give me more hours (Y)

ah well, cant complain getting payed £5 a hour for messing with bikes all day

oh and i'm 19 btw

*EDIT* looks like i should of named the topic "who on TF works in halfords" :) :)

Edited by street trials rider

I'm 15, been working there one month, and I'm on about £4.50 an hour.

Getting £154.35 a month :)

And for some reason my employee number is invalid when I try to register to the forum.. (Y)

Edited by Dan6061

I work in halfords too, theres a suprise, like bi-king master (tom) I work in stevenage, 902, also do a bit of part time work in marshalls cycles (one of the few good bike shops around!) and do a bit of work over at trax bikes aswell, go me (Y)