The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

put some chairs together?

Pretty good idea. I could lay on a big footstool ive got (because my elbows will be more free moving), but the problem is being able to pick the bar up, hold it, lay down on my back an get the bar into the bench position. I need a rack to lift it off once I'm laying down on my back

I'd love a bench but I haven't got room for one (possibly could fit a folded bench at a push)

Instead, i use a swiss ball. Lie on it like you would a bench, works fine for me. I put the barbell on the end of my bed with the swiss ball on the floor, lie back and lift the barbell up. Granted, it is a bit awkward, but works for me for the mean time. Just means I cant lift as heavy as i'd like to because lifting the weight into position is a struggle lol

I'd love a bench but I haven't got room for one (possibly could fit a folded bench at a push)

Instead, i use a swiss ball. Lie on it like you would a bench, works fine for me. I put the barbell on the end of my bed with the swiss ball on the floor, lie back and lift the barbell up. Granted, it is a bit awkward, but works for me for the mean time. Just means I cant lift as heavy as i'd like to because lifting the weight into position is a struggle lol

use dumbells then?

If you really cant find a bench, can do your bench presses from the floor. Superset them with press-ups, and dumbell flyes (which can also be done from the floor if need be) as you're supersetting, you wont need to go super heavy on the bench, which is good as you dont have a rack for the weight.

This will hurt.

body still adapts as long as you eat

yes, finally someone agrees,that technically there is no such thing as over training, as over time your body will adapt to it.

training related note... took a week off, as everything was going stale, came back and upped me weights a bit.

28kg incline and flat dumbell presses now (was gunna try them decline, but some idiot was using the step i use to turn the bench into decline, doing step ups....idiot)

feels good.

Right this may of been asked in here before but unfortunatly i do not have time to go through all 48 pages :/. What would be the best things to do to build up my trialsy muscles when i have access to, 2 10kg dunbells, press up bar things and some floor space and one of those blow up balls?

Any help appreciated :)

billxxx

yehh thats fine, i do about 20kg less incline than i do flat

yea im rather odd when it comes to bench, i dont bench an awful lot, barbell wise. like 65 -70kg, but do the same on the incline with a bar. and am gettin shown up by guys way smaller than me.

but then dumbells, i dont know i just find it pretty easy to keep them steady, a guy i sometimes train with benches over the 100kg mark on flat bench, but does 24kg flat, and 22kg incline dumbells.

but does 24kg flat, and 22kg incline dumbells.

WEAK! i havent been to gym in weeks and went back on monday and was doing 32kg flat , 28kg decline and 28k incline... and i felt crap compared to normal :| i used to always do barbell but i have proper muscle imbalance so switch to dumbells.. and ill never go back. However.. i was shocking at BB.. 70kg flat 75kg decline and like 60 incline =[

Edited by Spacemunkee

Yeh, because Kev is one weak ass b*****d....

I'm happy, benched 46kg. Makes me feel mint as I am starting to see some real progress, and I am getting a bit bigger.

I was using 22.5kg 3x10 flat and 20kg 3x10 incline about 2 weeks ago, next time I'm goint to try 30kg 3x8 flat and 25kg 3x8 incline. Happy days.

Yeh, because Kev is one weak ass b*****d....

for my weight im a weakling, but i can never take training seriously at the moment, as i keep having blocks in college, where i put on a pile of weight in the 2 weeks of eating crap and not going to the gym as im 130 mile away from home, living on take aways as ive got no cooking facilities.

i then come back, have to spend a good 3-4 weeks dropping the weight i put on, then have like a week, then its back to college. seems like im not really getting anywhere, spesh when you chuck in the odd cheeky weekend out.

but hopefully should be done with college in august, so from then on in, its proper concentrated crap, should be dropping to a 4 day week then too, so will have a day off to train properly in.

i flat barbell 110kg (repping 4-5)

never tried incline barbell, or flat dumbell really.

incline dumbell is at 34 - 38kg depending on how my forearms/grip are holding up!! (so NOT funny when you forearms/grip just die and they just twist and flop everywhere!!)

just been concentrating on chest this week and was doing supersets with flat barbell then after each set do a set of flat flies.

Then same with incline dumbell, then after each set incline flies..

hurt so baaaaad!

Edited by Urban mammoth