The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Don't know really, I'd like to improve my wheelswaps and front wheel moves in general. Seem to be lacking strength.

do pull ups and dips, you can add weight too if you want

i was doing everything at home for the first few weeks, like for squats i took 2 backpacks and did squats lol, I filled them with sand and it was possible to get about 130kg weight. I dont recommend it though if theyre not well balanced you can injure yourself so a barbell would be safer

WTF!

3 1" tacks can hold 200kg? :huh:

Anyone fancy a broken back?

It's not screwed in, and you're only supposed to use it on a solid supporting wall. Obviously you'd never use it on a partition. :lol:

It just hooks over the doorframe, and most of the pressure goes straight into the wall because it pivots on the foam pads on the other side of the door frame.

I still havn't got one yet, but I'll get round to it one day, I've read nothing but good reviews about them.

It's not screwed in, and you're only supposed to use it on a solid supporting wall. Obviously you'd never use it on a partition. :lol:

It just hooks over the doorframe, and most of the pressure goes straight into the wall because it pivots on the foam pads on the other side of the door frame.

I still havn't got one yet, but I'll get round to it one day, I've read nothing but good reviews about them.

Dont bother ive got one, its manufacturered badly, its not straight, it flexes so its straight when its on the door, it just isnt all that, hanging off it feels scary when your used to using a proper chinning/dipping station.

Inur, its all explosive power, so look at plyometrics, can do a fairly short program, using dumbells/body weight and itd probably help.

Stuff like hack squats, but jump up so your body leaves the ground, land on your toes, absorb the landing, stop, then go down again, should improve your explosive power in the legs a fair bit, the alternative is regular squats with say a 30-40kg weight. but if you havent got the weight, make life difficult for yourself, and change it to hack squats.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I really need a program which will make me see progress within a matter of a week. Air alert was pretty good at that since I'd struggle during the first 1-2 days of each week and manage to complete the remaining ones without much trouble so that motivated me.

do pull ups and dips, you can add weight too if you want

Do you have a program of how many reps and series you did each day? My legs are ok but I definitely need to work on the upper body first. Sounds like pull ups and dips could be the right thing to start with. And maybe press ups as well?

I want to know if they make one, that could screw into a block work wall.

I've got a sort of climbing wall shaped one, with lots of different holes in it, that I had above my old door, in my old house. But i only have a 10-15 mm gap between the frame and the coving in this house :(

Thanks, I'll look into that. I really need a program which will make me see progress within a matter of a week. Air alert was pretty good at that since I'd struggle during the first 1-2 days of each week and manage to complete the remaining ones without much trouble so that motivated me.

Do you have a program of how many reps and series you did each day? My legs are ok but I definitely need to work on the upper body first. Sounds like pull ups and dips could be the right thing to start with. And maybe press ups as well?

keep it simple

do something like 3x8 2-3 times per week and add 2.5kg every week so you will get stronger every week

Dont bother ive got one, its manufacturered badly, its not straight, it flexes so its straight when its on the door, it just isnt all that, hanging off it feels scary when your used to using a proper chinning/dipping station.

I need something that will allow me to do wide grip pull ups though, I'm not a member of a gym as the nearest one is about half an hours walk away, and is really expensive.

If it's mild steel it could be beefed up easily enough, and I only weigh 11 stone 12 anyway.

I need something that will allow me to do wide grip pull ups though, I'm not a member of a gym as the nearest one is about half an hours walk away, and is really expensive.

If it's mild steel it could be beefed up easily enough, and I only weigh 11 stone 12 anyway.

http://www.powertrainer.co.uk/

get yourself one of them then, similar but a better design

Go and find a tree?

Mines from Debenhams and was Ā£15.99, well worth it in my opinion (Y) feels propa sturdy and supports me fine, im 14.4 stone, aslong as its seated right on the doorframe, should have no trouble with it

has close grip and about a medium grip

and

close grip & medium grip in hammer grip (palms facing each other)

and

you can use them on the floor as a pressup station!

55P260109_0937.jpg

66P260109_093801.jpg

(Y)

Edited by Damon W

That seems like a small effort. You sure that'd be enough?

you can add a few more reps if you want to or one extra set

the best way to found out is to try usually people do 3-6 sets with 3-20 reps at pullups and you can always add weight if it gets too easy

and starting with too heavy weights is not a good idea because you will stall very quickly, start low and build it up weekly to heavy weights

you can add a few more reps if you want to or one extra set

the best way to found out is to try usually people do 3-6 sets with 3-20 reps at pullups and you can always add weight if it gets too easy

and starting with too heavy weights is not a good idea because you will stall very quickly, start low and build it up weekly to heavy weights

Thanks.

Slightly off topic, but are you the guy on the blue BT who visited us 2-3 years ago?

• 2 weeks later...

I am aching like mad today from the gym on tuesday! It was my leg workout doing squats, calf raises and squat jumps.

I have been gyming since early december and it seems to be helping with riding. I am also planning to go to pilates lessons to help with flexability and co-ordination

My local nightclub (pussycats) is so shit. Bouncers said I hade coke or some shit but I'm in or shme shit. Boing hence why I'm on tf xxx

I think youve been on drugs sir, for this is the weight training thread.

And pussycats.....is like a hell hole, even more so on a thursday, as its cheap drinks, so you get all the junkies and dolies coming out the woodwork (which i guess explains your visit :P)

I think youve been on drugs sir, for this is the weight training thread.

And pussycats.....is like a hell hole, even more so on a thursday, as its cheap drinks, so you get all the junkies and dolies coming out the woodwork (which i guess explains your visit :P)

Weight traning, drinkng, it's all good.

Do you think this sounds worth the while, read a few reports saying its a natural protein, and its alot cheaper than buying powder!

1 scoop Ice cream

2-3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

1 glass milk

1/2 a banana

?

Erm, add up the protein in everything? its not exactly brilliant, its probably not much cheaper than buying protein (50p per 1 pint shake, a pint of milk is like 35p these days aint it, even when bought in 4 pint containers)

but at a guess, theres not going to be much protein in that (as in nowhere near as much as 45g in a 1 pint shake)

as lets say its 1/2 pint of milk, thats like 8g of protein.

1/2 a banana is 0.7g of protein.

3 tablespoons of peanut butter is about 12g of protein.

and a scoop of icecream will be like 5-6g at a guess (to top up the glass like)

So your gettin 29g of protein, but if your worried about calories, (depends on how clean your bulking) theres a mass load in there.

I personally hate peanut butter, so i think itd taste pretty awful.