The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

I'm guessing you're only supposed to use it on a solid wall, not a partition one.

They don't actually pull down on the door frame, because of where the foams pads sit on the door frame on the other side the bar just pushes into the wall.

• 1 month later...

New program, mass bulk. I'll see how long I can keep going for. Not to sure it will work that effectivly as 2 of my rest days i've got rugby. But will see.

Monday:

Chest: Barbell Bench Press

Decline Bench press

Dumbbell pull overs

Cable Crossovers

Biceps: Incline dumbbell curls

Cable Curls

Pull Ups

Preacher Curls on ball

Tuesday:

Legs: Cable kickbacks

Dumbbell Squats

Lying leg curls

Leg curls

Squats

Leg Extensions

Wednesday:

REST

Thursday:

Back: Pulldowns

Barbell Rows

Incline dumbbell rows

Cable shrugs

Abdominals: Cable Crunches

Crucifix's

Sit ups

Crunches with ball

Friday:

Shoulder: Deltoid dumbbell raises

Cable rows

Cable raises

Plate raises

Triceps: Single arm extensions

Close grip bench press

Decline dumbbell extensions

Bench Dips

Swap Thursday and Fridays routines and will give your triceps an extra day of rest after training shoulders before you have to use them to train chest on the monday. After training biceps on monday, you do not use them until you train back. You are giving them 3 whole days rest before you use them for back. If you swap back to Friday, and train biceps on monday, you will be able to fatique your biceps on the, while getting a better back workout with the extra day's rest. You may find your biceps are tired on the monday still, but that's ok. Your biceps are not key to training another body part on the Monday...

All the while, your shoulders were done on the Thursday with your triceps that were last used for chest on monday, and they now have an extra day to heal before using them to train chest.

It almost seems like 6 of one and half a doxen of the other, but it comes down to the back containing the largest muscles mass in the body, so you need all the help you can get to fatique your back, by having great biceps.

I trained your program as far as the same body parts each day, with this exception, with great success. It is hands down the best plan for maximum rest of priority body parts in order to get the most benefit when needed, to help other body parts.

Bongo

New program, mass bulk. I'll see how long I can keep going for. Not to sure it will work that effectivly as 2 of my rest days i've got rugby. But will see.

Wayyyy too much ben, i know your a lenghty limbed guy, so youll need to do more isolation exercises to make the gains as pronounced.

but bearing in mind looking at most days a lot of the exercises are replicated 2 or 3 times. for example;

Monday: 3 types of curl?

Tuesday: dumbell squats, squats, leg extensions, 3 of the same exercise?

Friday, you got 3 shoulder raises going on, bearing in mind on thursday you had shrugs too?

Although, i really cant talk, im sooo lacking in motivation, just cant be bothered to train at all.

Inur, its all explosive power, so look at plyometrics, can do a fairly short program, using dumbells/body weight and itd probably help.

Stuff like hack squats, but jump up so your body leaves the ground, land on your toes, absorb the landing, stop, then go down again, should improve your explosive power in the legs a fair bit, the alternative is regular squats with say a 30-40kg weight. but if you havent got the weight, make life difficult for yourself, and change it to hack squats.

Wayyyy too much ben,

Yer I thought that, but I was going to hit it for 12 weeks on the bulk, then cut it down. My mates done a simular program recently, had impressive results with out dieting. I've got the diet sorted as well so was just going to see how it went.

The thursday-friday swap is perfect, I should of noticed that really. Cheers Bongo ;)

WTF!

3 1" tacks can hold 200kg? :huh:

Anyone fancy a broken back?

The brackets are screwed into the wall, its also resting on the top of the door frame,and because of the design, most of your weight is pushing into the door frame on the sides, of the side you are on. It would hold your weight, however, dont buy one, i bought one, its crap as hell, doesnt go together straight, sits at an angle of like one side being an inch higher than the other,but it flexes so its straight when you put weight on it, which is scary.

It will hold your weight, and wont pull off the door, but the metal framework itself, isnt sturdy at all.

I thought it was just balanced on the architrave :S

Seeing as you wont be able to close your door if its screwed into the plasterboard above, its a bit of a design floor...

nah you get U shaped brackets(not picture), well i say U, one side is lower than the other, that screw in, so the bottom of the bracket sits on the top of the door frame, and the side screws into the wall, its hooks over it

Wayyyy too much ben,

Yer I thought that, but I was going to hit it for 12 weeks on the bulk, then cut it down. My mates done a simular program recently, had impressive results with out dieting. I've got the diet sorted as well so was just going to see how it went.

The thursday-friday swap is perfect, I should of noticed that really. Cheers Bongo ;)