The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

kev just went and did his first workout on his legs in 6-7 weeks. kev may of just worked a bit too hard, and may of just rubber legged down the stairs coming out of the changing rooms. just about avoided landing flat on me face.

this is brilliant, its like being a newbie again, albeit slightly stronger.

• 3 weeks later...

right can someone try an form me a bit of a training programme? I can train for of least an hour except on saturdays an sundays.

I have a multi gym in my garage, (sitting bench pres, lat pull downs, pec thingy, and extended single arm pull downs; stuff like that) also have a boxing skipping rope free weights and dumbells, so pretty well equipted.

My aim for progress is to improve my physical appearance and definition (in a non gay way), to bulk up for riding BMX and get bigger.

So far my target is somehting like;

Monday: Weights workout for 45 minutes, concentrating on arms, back and chest. (dont like situps or crunches can i just leave them out?)

Tuesday: 12 minute high tempo run, maybe vary later to longer slower runs

Wednesday: Same a monday

Sunday: bit of both????

I can get the weight and number of rep's i can do also ???

Also as for products, I'm really keen to improve but get quite a lot of ache'ing afterwards, would the maximuscle promax extreeme help me? have it for breakfast and after work outs? How much does it really help? How bad is creatine? I'm not doing any competitive sport so i don't care about gaining an advantage.

So someone please try an come up with a decent plan an gimme some help?!?!?!?!

What is your metabolism like? Mine is ridiculously fast so I find building muscle pretty hard. I can eat literally anything without any effect, and weight train till the cows come home and it makes shit all difference.

About a year ago I went on a mad one with the gym. I devised a schedule (loosely based upon something I found on some bodybuilding forum) and was training 3 - 4 times a week, bashing the recommended dose of ProMax, cutting out my cardio exercise entirely and ate lots of red meat and high protein foods. The first month I actually lost a very small amount of weight and then the other three virtually nothing happened. After four months I just went back to my old mix of a few weights and a fair bit of cardio.

I did find that the usual 36 hour after aches didn't last as long when eating right/drinking the mixes. They were definitely handy for getting back in the gym sooner and pain free. I actually kind of like the aches (got them today actually). Gives me a feeling of satisfaction that I've actually achieved something.

right can someone try an form me a bit of a training programme? I can train for of least an hour except on saturdays an sundays.

I have a multi gym in my garage, (sitting bench pres, lat pull downs, pec thingy, and extended single arm pull downs; stuff like that) also have a boxing skipping rope free weights and dumbells, so pretty well equipted.

My aim for progress is to improve my physical appearance and definition (in a non gay way), to bulk up for riding BMX and get bigger.

So far my target is somehting like;

Monday: Weights workout for 45 minutes, concentrating on arms, back and chest. (dont like situps or crunches can i just leave them out?)

Tuesday: 12 minute high tempo run, maybe vary later to longer slower runs

Wednesday: Same a monday

Sunday: bit of both????

I can get the weight and number of rep's i can do also ???

Also as for products, I'm really keen to improve but get quite a lot of ache'ing afterwards, would the maximuscle promax extreeme help me? have it for breakfast and after work outs? How much does it really help? How bad is creatine? I'm not doing any competitive sport so i don't care about gaining an advantage.

So someone please try an come up with a decent plan an gimme some help?!?!?!?!

Have a legs day, your arms back and chest arent gonna grow as much as youd like unless your doing some major squattage aswell.

Edited by Joe_Elding

day 1- chest, triceps

day 2back ,biceps

3-shoulders ,traps

4- legs

Fit abs in maybe 1 or 2 days depending on how they feel. I would do about 8-10 reps to get good strength and build.

And do about 10-12 sets on the big muscles like back,shoulders,legs,chest,

Small groups like bi's and tri's do about 6.

Do you have alot of fat to loose?

Edited by Deonn h

• 1 month later...

new routine to get me back in the gym is quality, i ache like a mofo already but thats my fault for going back when i should have

cross trainer 2 miles at bout 9 minute a mile pace

10*4 press ups

6*4 dips

3*4 pullups, wide, military, parallel and underhand

these done on the olde gravitron becuase im fit and unhealthy again

10*2 situps

that done mon/wed/fri

and cycle about 10 miles a day weekdays

diets lacking a bit mind but i can sort that soon enough but im happy with the routine

• 2 weeks later...

Just after some recommendations really people. Protein shakes ? I hear all the time about how they help bulk you up, I have tried a few different ones and have my favorites etc, but are they really safe? Its none of the silly ones that you need to have other substances with to stop your kidneys from rotting away, but like Maximuscle etc, if you train with them in proportion training them with them properly, is there going to be any drastic side effects. I guess it will be something that you need to ask a GP etc. As you can properly tell I don't have any idea about protein I no how to train properly etc.

first your nutrition has to be good, otherwise the protein shakes are useless. I sometimes drink them after a workout for better recovery (protein and carbs + creatine)

imo theyre more for bodybuilders, im training more for strenght so I dont care much about those mass gainers

a lot of people think that theyre like some magic potions or just drink them because others do, so they arent needed but they can help if used as they should be

Edited by tmks88

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully somebody who is more clued up on supplements will be able to help me here, I'm currently having Maximuscle Cyclone + my training schedule. I'm just wondering that for bulking up would it be worth also having a supplement that is very high in creatine?, Or would the two simply cancel each other out or anything like that?.

Or can you recommend me some supps or tips for bulking up (muscle not fat). Thanks

Having a fast metabolism makes building muscle hard?

f**k.

I kinda want to bulk up abit and tone up, not to body builder extent but Im a skinny little shite at the mo, and Id quite like to build up abit.

Whats my best bet at building mainly arms/ chest up, bearing in mind with my car etc. I now cant afford gym membership or anything similar really in the form of a home set-up.

Hopefully somebody who is more clued up on supplements will be able to help me here, I'm currently having Maximuscle Cyclone + my training schedule. I'm just wondering that for bulking up would it be worth also having a supplement that is very high in creatine?, Or would the two simply cancel each other out or anything like that?.

Or can you recommend me some supps or tips for bulking up (muscle not fat). Thanks

if you want muscle only you should look for something with 1:1 carbs and proteins but keep in mind that gaining muscle mass only will be a lot slower than fat+muscle. creatine isnt needed in large quantities, 5grams per day is enough or maybe even less

Having a fast metabolism makes building muscle hard?

f**k.

I kinda want to bulk up abit and tone up, not to body builder extent but Im a skinny little shite at the mo, and Id quite like to build up abit.

Whats my best bet at building mainly arms/ chest up, bearing in mind with my car etc. I now cant afford gym membership or anything similar really in the form of a home set-up.

Push-ups, chin ups and sit ups.

There is no secret to lifting only 4 things technique, diet, weight, commitment.

Cyclone is a poor choice in supplement its over priced and has a low quality protein in + it already has creatine in it so you dont need to take more.

Look to buying 90+ HUGE amount better value for money and also a lot higher in protein, i have always had chocolate taste is easy no problems with it. Find somewhere that sells it in 1kg tubs first and get one of thoes to try it, because imo if you dont like the taste it becomes a f**king chore drinking it.

Now if you want to bulk you have to sort or eating or you just wont get bigger end of. Eat 5 to 6 times a day decent portions always containing protein second you start doing this and training hard the weight starts packing on.

Make sure that every exercise you do in the gym you know what your doing technique is so important its untrue.

So your eating right, your hitting all the techniques fine start putting on the weight gradually you want to be doing 3 sets of 12 - 15 reps. wright down everything if you hit 15 reps up the weight and just keep going like that. If you wright it down you know what to lift next week and you dont get into a routine of picking up 1 plate all the time.

Work hard, lift right & eat big to get bigger.

Nice little read

Edited by Swize