Whats Your Highest Drop?

Ross Gardner

Yer ok you win :( what so just becuase it's easy you don't do them it's like skating pops are easy but there still something lol And thats like saying oh pops are easy but not compared to ollieing down a 20 set while doing a 360 flip. see what I mean there still a trials thing :D

toby

I'm not saying you shouldn't do them! I just think they are overrated. I'm fed up with seeing videos with drop off upon drop off upon drop-off.

There only good if you have to get to them like if you back wheel somthing and boon your way up to the drop and you have no other way to go thats when you look for a drop. Mine's about 6 foot still was on my mod so seamed higher :(

rickyb

i dropped 21 feet to sinking sand on my monty a while back before i sold it.

john

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~logicals.../images/ant.wmv

2 questions.

1: did you tell him you'd done that before he bought it

2: is that a decade to disaster about halfway through the video cos if it is you deserve a dirty great biscuit

Well, anything in trials is skillful. But dropping off something in comparison to backwheeling a rail is a no brainer. Huge huge difference.

I would say the trackstand is harder to master than dropping off something.

i would say your a nob then.

well maybe some people like drops, yeah when i rode trials i liked to do the odd 6.5ft drop so i could keep confidence up etc. yeah it may put strain on your bike but why do you have a trials bike then with rigid forks etc. if your smooth then it wont do much to yourself or your bike and technique when landing plays a big part

Well, anything in trials is skillful. But dropping off something in comparison to backwheeling a rail is a no brainer. Huge huge difference.

I would say the trackstand is harder to master than dropping off something.

Thats rubbish, theres a difference between doing big drops and doing big drops smoothly, Therefore doing big drops smoothly and without landing like a sack of spuds (or spodes :() takes skill.

Thats rubbish, theres a difference between doing big drops and doing big drops smoothly, Therefore doing big drops smoothly and without landing like a sack of spuds (or spodes :() takes skill.

Ok, but there is a difference between dropping off and dropping off smoothly :D

lol. i never really done 21ft drop. I was just demonstrating how easy it is to make up things on forums lol.

The video was just a link i placed in my last post so i could save as instead of stream lol. I forgot to delete it lol. Guess lucky people will accidentally come across it!

john

5 and a half foot. :( That'll do me.

To all these poeple who are saying 'drop just damage your bike etc etc they arn't cool etc etc" they are a big part of trials, and to do a big drop off you need a hell of alot of technique. However what i don't like is when people go for 6ft drops, with no skill what so ever. It just looks pants.

Edited by JT!

lol. i never really done 21ft drop. I was just demonstrating how easy it is to make up things on forums lol.

The video was just a link i placed in my last post so i could save as instead of stream lol. I forgot to delete it lol. Guess lucky people will accidentally come across it!

john

John, that video is a fooking beast.

cheers for link :D

Them guys from peterbrough??? because all the inside skatepark action was y2sk8 in peterbourgh... :(