Trials Tricks

moe

There not exactly 'tricks' in my opinion. Not quite sure how to describe them though.

Tricks just doesn't seem the right word...

There's various amounts of combinations etc, that could all form into one 'trick' so really theres loooaaadddsss.

(N) <_<

You could call them tricks but like Dan said that dosn't seam like the right word some how. there are many different ways of performing these "tricks" just like skate bording and bmx. You can put two tricks together and get a trick thats called somthing else like a step down is a drop to another drop while still on the back wheel, a side hop to back wheel, a side hop to both wheels and a nose in is like a gap to front wheel so there a different variations of different tricks

Hope i helped mate :D

rickyb

Don't you just hate it when some little kids or chavs say oh can you do any tricks, you show em a few back hops or a 180 or something and there either like wooooow! or oh i can do that its easy. I dont like the word tricks because it just does'nt sound right in trials :D

Edited by stock trials the real sport

Don't you just hate it when some little kids or chavs say oh can you do any tricks, you show em a few back hops or a 180 or something and there either like wooooow! or oh i can do that its easy. I dont like the word tricks because it just does'nt sound right in trials (Y)

i have the same problem, i cycle to spots and theres always little chavs saying do a trick or they just whine 'easy' or 'rubbish'. really annoying thats that, you cant do anything about it :lol:

they do that with everything.

bmx, sk8ing etc.

they just want some attention before they go bak to their council estates and get beaten up by their dads

a bit harsh dont you think? (Y)

never try and impress them, because they might try and seal your bike :lol:

I agree, trick isn't the right word most of the time, unless you do something you dont need to ie a 360 off something, and remember where trials comes from it was about riding "difficult terrain" and things like that and rememeber a lot of the moves you use in trials are to negotiate whatever you are riding, methinks it would be a good idea to go on a Xer/trial bke sight for this one!

I agree, trick isn't the right word most of the time, unless you do something you dont need to ie a 360 off something, and remember where trials comes from it was about riding "difficult terrain" and things like that and rememeber a lot of the moves you use in trials are to negotiate whatever you are riding, methinks it would be a good idea to go on a Xer/trial bke sight for this one!

The names of things definately do vary depending on where you come from.. some kid moved near me and he calls pedal hops "skippy's" which gets very annoying, plus he's an arrogant cock so i won't be going riding with him again.

To actually name some tricks:

X-ups... X-up Drop Offs

Barspins

manuals

180's

360's

front wheel hops

abubaca's & fufanu's (bmx names here vecause i don't know what they're called in mountain biking)

Some techniques are:

Sidehops

peddlehops

static gapping

rolling gapping

gapping to front wheel

wheel swaps

wheel repleacements

I can't actually think of any others... :turned: