How Much Is It Worth?

Rich J

i was just wondering if any body knew how much my bike is worth because i want to sell it for money for a new trials bike and need to sell this first. its a .243 racing freeride custom build with marzocchi forks, shimano deore disk brakes, syncros rims, maxis high rollers, race face evole cranks, easton seat post, fisik saddle and other .243 components. also this bike was ridden in march 2005 mbuk!!! any rough ideas would be helpful thanks rich

Edited by dickj

hi

i sold my saracen x-tort jump bike earlier this year and only got £400 for it. and just to let you know it was kitted out with:

05 marzocchi dirt jumper 2's

atomlab trailpimp wheels

shimano deore disk brakes

9 spd shimano lx casette/mech/shifter

various dmr parts

fsa cranks

mine was sold on ebay without a reserve but i know wish i had put one on......wouldent let me remve it either (Y)

i would hope you get £600 but i would say more along the lines of £500 :turned:

bike cost me £1200 new and i had it for 4 months and sold it in excellent condition

Edited by smelly joe

A trick someone at work told me is to put your item on ebay with a stupid reseve(or what you want for it) in your case lets say £2000 then put it on tell EVERYONE about it and let the bidding begin, If you get the reseve price your laughing becuase you sold it for what you wanted, but if you dont get the reseve price then you get a rough idea on how much its worth but they joy is you dont have to sell it.

ok here we go

spbpic668480.jpg

its in very good condition and has had little use

i want to put it on ebay and want to put a fair reserve on it but thats the problem ive no idea what its worth!

someone must no please help

rule of thumb with mountain bikes of all sorts

add up all the components costs, (eg £1000) halve it (eg. £500) and minus £10 for every month it its old (eg minis 6months = minus £60) which would be £440.

nb: reserves on eBay suck, to sell put it as a "fixed price" auction with a "buy it now" of whatever you want for the bike. then set a starting bid of £50-£100-£150 cheaper to generate interest, then hopefully people will bid and somebody will use the buy it now to beat the bids etc......

but its really up to you -

also where are you from im sure iv seen that bike around Barry (wales)