How Do You Grind Rims?

You need an angle grinder, and your rim.

Oh and the grinder should have a cutting disk on it.

Then you take the grinder and just play with the angle if it until it cuts nice and sharp.

Then grind acordingly (sp?) to how deep you want it.

The deeper, or harsher as it is known, the more your brake will be increased.

Hope I help.

Ollie

You file stuff to smooth it though :turned:

You can use a pen angle grinder but will be wankness

just rev up an angle grinder and skim the surface for a sharp grind

Practice on a old wheel an old front wheel or something which is worth very little or nothing

Sandpaper will do nothing, unless you are using a belt sander and you have about an hour to spend on each rim.

So it will work, with some really rough sandpaper, and a belt sander,and a lot of time to spare.

But if you are thinking of doing it by hand there is no point, it will take too long and barley make a difference.

Hope i help.

Ollie.

*cough* do a search because it's been up a thousand times, but before this gets ugly you attack you rims with an angle grinder untill you've bured them up...

i was looking for that reply 'use a search' sort of thing but if you think about it if everyone used the search tool then the forum would be practicly useless now apart from the odd bit and bob.

tom tom

Why not? I know someone who rides with a grind on the front rim, I think it feels really nice.

Ollie

You have no control over the front brake. Its either on or off.

For gaps to front wheel for instance you need to be able to feather the front to pull the back on. That would be near impossible on a grind

to be fair most people dont grind there front rim just becuase most people will be running disks when they need to really relie on a front brake to go to the front wheel.

just grind you back rim will only make it better, personally the hastle is a bit too much maybe in a couple of weeks

i would advise a really harsh grind on the rear by holding the grinder at quite a steep angle to the rim

on the front its up to you but i would advise only a very light grind as i got a bit carried away with my front and went through a set of monty pads in a day :turned: